Different Angles

Life is a point of view and everyday we stand at a different angle, it's kind of like being in a movie
theatre. When you sit in the front seat you are close to the action which can be exciting but at the end of it you have a sore spine and a crick in your neck.
There are other times when our point of view is obstructed by something which blocks our full vision of the screen. Sometimes we are sitting on the side-lines and can see everything perfectly but we are either too content or just plain scared to move out into the centre because everybody will see us.
Everybody has a reason for being where they prefer to sit, but I reckon we can all agree that there are times when we want to change our angles, but we don't know how to shift our perspective of the situation that is stopping us or maybe there are beliefs we have about ourselves that hold us back from being the person we want to be and these beliefs become excuses, which we justify for why we cannot do it.
I'll use this situation as an example.
"I am a shy girl. I don't like going to the gym because I feel weird about people watching me exercise because I am overweight." - That was me a couple of years back, I told myself this so often that I believed it.
Rather than thinking "It's time to get my daily endorphins!" That's what I told myself and thus cheated myself out of being happy and full of energy even though I would have had to work out infront of strangers.
Us human-beings talk a lot of crap, to ourselves and to each other.
I was the Queen of Justifications and trust me, dears, that is not a crown you want to wear!
Sometimes it is not a thing that is blocking you, sometimes it's YOUR thoughts about YOU!
Don't justify why you cannot have something. Just go and find a different angle of yourself which gives you the confidence to say you can give yourself a chance.

I realised something today and made a vow to myself, that whatever angle I am sitting in I am going to enjoy my life and the moments I spend in that angle.
Even though we measure our lives by days, months, years, hours, minutes, seconds - in reality life is too short to be at the same angle all our lives.

So if you are unhappy with your point of view - change the way you think about yourself, don't make your problems bigger than you are; but if you do, God is bigger than the world.

God bless you all and have a great week!

-Sarah



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Inspiration and Hope