Work, Play & Pleasure

LIFE has been absolute bonkers for the past week! Five solid days of work which will probably make me weep with joy when I see the numbers in my bank account!
Work itself was pretty awesome, words cannot say how much I love the kids I work with - seriously, if you ever want to get things into perspective just ask a kid!
To wind down from the work week, *A and I walked down to the pub with my friend Mads and after one cocktail both of us mustered the courage to submit three songs to sing together.
Mads and I belted out the lyrics to "We're All Gonna Die Someday" by Kasey Chambers, "Keep Yours Hands To Yourself" by Georgia Satellites and then A* and I sang our first duet together, "Barbie Girl" by Aqua. It's all on video but I have been forbidden to share!
*A went solo and sang Vanilla Ice, its FRICKIN SMOKIN' HOT in red capital letters!
There was this really gorgeous, forty-something year old brunette who was shaking her butt in his direction. But the sexy, alluring *Mrs. Robinson and her curvy, denim derrière went home without my guy - hey, I can't blame the woman for trying! It was a top night and the three of us walked back to our place.
*A was the first to pass out and Mads and I stayed up a little longer talking, she is just amazing; the kind of friend that every girl should have!

LOVE *A and I have made a new decision about our near-distant future, which I will reveal as time goes on. I love the fact that we are making plans together, starting to move in the same direction.
 I want it all with this guy. Marriage, kids, six foot brick fence (because I'm a security nut)! Wherever my life takes me to, I want him there, everyday he becomes more apart of me.

& THE EVERYDAY I am beginning to see the upside of not having bread, chocolate and lollies after three weeks! I'm starting to get lots of compliments from people! The other week a friend at church said to me. "Don't get the wrong idea, Sarah...but your butt is looking great!" Call me vain, but that was all I could think about for the first fifteen minutes of the church service!
I have to be honest though, I have been cheating big time!
Take away my lollies...fine.
Take away my bread...okay...?
Take away my chocolate? Be prepared for the wrath of Choczilla!
I have been more irritable lately, the things that I used to roll my eyes at are now like the sound of screeching tyres. Three days into my no bread, chocolate and lollies sabbatical I had to say sorry to *A for being a moody cow! So I have been sneaking little chocolates to keep me sweet.
I really need to start menu-planning for meals during the week so I am not tempted to crave junk food, my P.T told me that the go is to eat breakfast, morning tea, lunch and dinner so I don't reach for sugary quick-fixes.
Wish me luck! I'm going to need it! So will the patience of my P.T!

Outta here!
 Sarah xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Inspiration and Hope