Broken Thumbs, Writing Career Hiatus and Book Recommendation

Life:
Ever since I have made peace with deciding between my writing and childcare, things have kind of picked up a little bit. That could also be because I have been working out at the gym more this past week. My .P.T has told me no bread, no chocolate, no lollies for eight weeks!
What do I do a week and a half in? Well, that shot to hell pretty fast!
Got tipsy on Saturday night at the PigN'Whistle in Brunswick Street at a friends birthday party, apparently I was drunk but I rigidly maintain that I was just a little "happier" than normal!
 I know in my earlier posts this year I portrayed myself as somebody a little bit uptight, so...SURPRISE!

Love:
Because A. is the big 3.0 and I am twenty-five, we are being bombarded with well-meaning folks asking us when we are going to "put on a ring on it", Beyoncé's "Single Ladies" has a lot to answer for! I have to say though, I am kind of subconsciously thinking along those lines too if belting out Georgia Satellites "Keep Your Hands To Yourself", ironic really considering we live together...

& The Everyday:
I have finished writing a book and have started looking into publishing options for it.
For now I am keeping the writing career on the back-burner until I finish my Childcare Diploma, which I will be starting up again and aim to finish by the end of next year.
 I say I will do a lot of things...and at the time I truly mean them, things like Childcare Diploma and obtaining my P plates - seriously, I do mean I will do it - it just comes down to two things.
The Right Timing & Getting My Butt Into Gear.
Anyhow let's rewind back to the writing thing, I will still be writing but I won't be as active trying to find publishers and whatnot, so its going to be more like a background hobby until it turns into something more.

For those of you with primary school aged kids, I would like to recommend a book I have just finished reading called Zarkola-Book One of the Fyrelit Tragedy. Zarkola is a fantastic book filled with daring adventure, the story begins when two farm boys witness their sister getting kidnapped and embark on a dangerous quest to bring her back. I decided to read Zarkola after meeting the authors, Nick and Abbey at the Book Cafe one day. If you know a kid who is a book worm and at a loss of what to get them for Christmas then pick up Zarkola!

Adios Amigos!
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Inspiration and Hope