D&M's In Department Stores

I have been really blessed with my friendships, past and present, even though some of them had to come to an end.
There is a scripture in the Bible which refers to friendship "Surely as iron sharpens iron, so does a good friend." Friends like that are truly a treasure, because they love you enough to tell you the truth, friends who don't are quite the opposite.
Lately I have been hanging out a lot with my friend Chantelle, she is absolutely adorable, blue eyes with a quick smile and so much fun to be around! She totally gets why animated Disney guys are hot, so she understands my school girl crush on General Cheng from Mulan! She also has a crush on Prince Philip from Sleeping Beauty! We make the most hysterical of friends because furniture in department stores have become a stage for D&M's.
A couple of weeks ago a bemused clerk asked us if we needed any help (we were sitting face to face on a couple of girlie beds) and Chantelle blurted out. "We're fine! We are just talking about bed issues!" Then she looked at me and said in afterthought. "That sounded wrong, didn't it?"
Then we both burst into high-pitched, reels of laughter which went on for ages.
The clerk raised his eye-brows and politely excused himself, I think that from now on there is going to be a caricature picture of us two hanging up in the staffroom at Harvey Norman with a warning beneath it: Don't let these women through the door!

Today we ate lunch at the Book CafĂ©, I ate my traditional fare of a chunky steak and onion pie with mash and tomato sauce, followed by a piece of Blondie brownie for dessert and a chocolate milkshake to wash it down! To make things even more perfect I found a second-hand copy of The Australian Writers Market-Place 2011-2012, it may be a little out of date but I should be able to look up the websites easily enough if I need to. By traditional rite we went to T2 and tried all three of the iced teas which were on sample display. Refreshed, we trotted off to Myer, the graveyard of hard earned money - neither of us have that much money, we play a game which puts the fun back in Window Shopping. Today we were shopping for our Future Wardrobes, I pulled out a stunning zebra print skirt with pleats and held it against my hips and said to Chantelle.
"Picture this! I have a book signing at Dymocks and I am wearing this skirt..."
"Yes! Yes! I can see it! And you are wearing a cropped black jacket..."
"And a cameo pin on one of those Victorian blouses!"
"With black wedge shoes!"
"And my hair is permed!"
"Perfect!"
Seriously, try this way of Window Shopping! Every time we play this game I feel more empowered like a..."Yes! This will happen one day!"
Chantelle wanted to show me this new dress she had on lay-by, unfortunately it was all wrapped up for security measures - at least I'll be able to see it on her and that's better than just viewing it.
From there we crossed the short distance to Target, with an apostrophe; not a T - just like Gok!
An old friend once told me that even trying on shoes made her feel better even if she couldn't buy them because a pair of sexy, gorgeous shoes made her see things in a new perspective.
 I'm beginning to see there is lots of fun and gratification in "Future Shopping"!

Chantelle drove me back to my place and on the way we went "Future Home Shopping", at the top of this very steep hill (I know its steep because I have climbed it, my legs hated me), we followed the road to the left and found what we were looking for, two houses with a spectacular view of a small slice of bush oasis. Because there were hardly any houses in sight, it was easier to picture what everything would have looked like before colonisation when the Aborgines were running free over green, fertile land and trees. 
It's awesome to have friends like Chantelle around to share the things that are in my heart!

To finish off my blog today, I am going to share my ten pearls of Sarah Wisdom; you have all heard these many times in different ways.

1: Recordaris Bona! - Latin for "Remember Only Good Things".
2. You can't make everybody happy so stop trying!
3. If shit hits the fan - stand back until it dries!
4. Carpe Diem! Seize the day!
5: Share your heart with others.
6. Listen with your heart.
7. People who talk shit have stinky breath!
8. You are perfect in God's eyes.
9. Be LOVE, ENCOURAGEMENT, KINDNESS...but...BE BALLSY too!
10. Know what your convictions are and stay true to them.
Here is a new one I just thought of.
11. Cherish friends who bring out your joy, radiance and absolute best.

Have an awesome day people! God bless and stay safe!
Sarah xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings