The Promises of God

I have had a pretty boring week, just job-searching and watching Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman and My Little Pony. 10am is my favourite time of day because I watch 7th Heaven.
For those of you who follow my blog and are wondering about what happened to my Study or Work Ultimatum by the 21st of January, I have decided to find work. I am hoping to find kitchen-hand or a waitressing job and work my way up to barista and eventually management.
As I tell A. every week, I say that I hope to find work but for some reason it just isn't happening.
As a Christian I know that my future is set and my days are planned, that I can ask God for the desires of my heart and it will be given to me if I keep asking, keep knocking and  have faith.
While God has been so good with giving me a supportive network it just feels a little discouraging
to have no answer the moment when I need one. To some extent all of us are waiting for the desires of our hearts to come to pass. Despite this feeling of frustration that I have been experiencing lately,
I know that God will come through on his promises to me.
Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord.
Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
So whatever you are waiting on folks, what ever you are feeling whether it is up or down the scale,
keep your eyes above and not below.
Matthew 7:7
"Ask and it will be given you to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, he who seeks finds and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

That is all I have time for today, but just know that if you have reached the end of your rope that is okay - we are human-beings with human thoughts, but those who belong to God find rest.
Matthew 11:28
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you
and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

May God's love and blessings find you.

- Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings