9 Days In

I cannot remember a time when I have not had a love-hate relationship with food, mix that with low-level confidence and PCOS (Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome) and turning to junk food becomes a habit, a coping strategy and a justification.
That has been my personal journey with my eating habits and life-style choices for the past 10 years.
Polycystic Ovaries Syndrome affects one in ten women and it is pretty shitty.
Hair-loss, hiritusim, mood-swings, depression, anxiety, brain fog, bloated stomach, inconsistent periods, tiredness and infertility.

It has only been the past four years since going to my Personal Trainer that I started my journey back to health. I've come a long way since I started. The me four years ago ate crap, walked everywhere but couldn't budge the weight. The me three years ago did a 12 week challenge with no sugar or wheat, lost weight and did not have the discipline so I packed it all on.
Two years ago I started to understand that being healthy is more than pulling weights and eating the right foods.
This year I started to implement everything I learnt.

Two months ago I saw that my efforts were mediocre because I made promises to myself and my P.T and broke them.
11 days ago I found Taryn Poulton's PCOS Support.
9 Days ago I decided to give her advice a go.
Everyone can relate to this, the day you start your new life temptation pops up everywhere. But I have done it.
Seven or below grams of sugar a day.
No gluten.
No dairy.





I'm not gonna lie, it has been a bitch.
After the irritability stage comes the teething where you crave sugar and you have to do things differently than you did before.
For me it has been switching my full dairy milk to almond milk and no sugar in my morning cuppa. I decided to apologise in advance to my co-workers so they would know its not them I'm pissy at- its my craving for something sweet.
And then I found out that you can buy gluten free chocolate chip protein bars with one gram of sugar. One of the happiest moments of my life!
The journey has been more up-hill since then.
But now I am feeling the benefits of it.
I have more energy and the weight is beginning to fall off. I am starting a love-love relationship with food!
Oh my gosh!
I have found that I have more concentration and energy.
I still have 'oh my gosh' moments whenever I see the sugary stuff but I feel better than I have in a long time.
And I wish I had known this sooner and done it sooner. But last night I realised that I am not doing this to get pregnant.
 I'm doing it for me.
And I ain't going back - I feel awesome and this week my P.T and I weighed in and like the last time, he told me not to look.
I only asked him whether I weighed more or less. And he replied with a grin. "Less."
"By how much?" I asked and he replied.
"Nah-ah! Thats not how this works!"
I don't mind though, I'm so excited that this new life style change is working in the way I hoped. I can see a Summer body in the making and I have been clicking through online fashion stores like crazy.
Other than shedding the k's, my goal is to go and buy lots of boho clothes and look absolutely fabulous for the rest of my life.

Here's what I eat during the day.

- 2-3 smoothies.
1 for breakfast (mostly with strawberries/blue berries and banana
1 for lunch ( blue berry and strawberry smoothie blended with a quarter cup of water)
1 for a afternoon pick-me up

Breakfast: Gluten free toast with organic peanut butter (no sugar added)

Lunch: Gluten free toast, avocado smash
and a piece of fruit/vegetable and a smoothie.

Dinner: Protein and vegetables

I sometimes throw in a dairy free and sugar free chocolate or a protein bar to change things up. I'm really excited about finding sweets without dairy and gluten in the health food aisle. Today I bought coconut flakes, coconut flour, cacao powder, stevia, black and white chia seeds. I can't wait to experiment with making healthy yummy desserts! Will post my efforts here.

Until then.
Ciao!
- Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope