The Move In Motion

LIFE

New beginnings are hard work, for a short amount of time our lives evolve around them.
 A. is working hard at his new job and I am packing up what remains of our time at Fawlty Towers. You don't realize how much you have and what you don't need until you are nominated by default to deal with chaos. My neighbor Jess heard my screeches of frustration and helped me sort through the CD's and DVD's with no cases and the life A. lived before me.
 I kept all the sentimental things like photos of relatives and the things I knew he would want to keep, like the Deftones and Metallica.
It was a bit of a daunting task - a relationship tester and I am a little nervous because my test result will be revealed at our new abode.

Speaking of which, The Move is in three days. Yesterday I spoke with a nice lady called Amelia from the company who is responsible for connecting our electricity, gas and water. She put me through to this recorded message where the speaker was strident and fast. I had never felt so perplexed hearing a robot speak before...when I had heard everything I spoke to Amelia again, asking her about whether our gas company would have to change and the Telstra Smart TV packages I knew A. and *Harry may appreciate. Netflix and ESPN are mandatory in our house.

LOVE

"Have you got in touch with the Pastor?" Mum asked while I was over at her place on Monday.
"He said to get back to him in October." I replied.
 "What will happen if he can't preside over the wedding?" Mum asked.
"I'm sure there is a Pastor who can do it." I answered.
 "I could go online and become a civil celebrant." Mum said with a giggle.
I could imagine it in my mind's eye, Mum and I giggle-snorting throughout the entire ceremony.
 I laughed.
Later on I told A. about what I imagine would happen if each of us presided over our own ceremony as well as our vows.
"I can imagine it now. You saying, "Sarah Elizabeth Hosea. Will you solemnly swear to respect the sanctity of foot-ball every Friday and Saturday night during the season as well as State of Origin?"
"A.Right?" I continued as A. laughed.
"Do you solemnly swear to buy Sarah chocolates as long as you shall live?" We both laughed and agreed it would be best to have an ordained Pastor preside, even if we could keep a straight face as we promised those things.


& THE EVERYDAY

Three days left until we move, two more nights at Fawlty Towers. I am excited and nervous about what this new chapter will bring.
Change was not something that I liked back in the day. But I'm going to enjoy this one - the first challenge being to make a house feel like a home. The second challenge is taking on those weed-ridden flower-beds and planting new seeds. Another neighbor at Fawlty Towers, *Skyler, has inspired me to plant a garden. When she arrived the front garden at Fawlty Towers was the eye-sore of our street. *Skyler pulled on a pair of gardening gloves, dredged up the dead leaves and threw away the worn rubber tyres and the yellowed Southern Star Newspapers that littered the ground.
 With those seeds she planted, she grew hope and faith and brought our community closer together. So I'm hoping that by planting some seeds of my own, they will grow into something beautiful.

- Sarah x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope