It's A Good Life

LIFE

As far as moving goes, we had a good day on Saturday.
There was a little bit of stress because we moved with a tradie ute that had no sides and a trailer.
We knocked down six loads worth in three trips. Our removalists from AirTasker, a husband and wife team came with their beautiful three-year old girl and we did some drawing while her parents and A. worked out the best way to manoeuvre the furniture out of the unit. Once they moved the furniture downstairs they worked hard to angle and position everything just so within legal bounds on the ute and trailer. They pulled off a miracle, helped us move our furniture into the house and asked us where to put it before leaving for their next task.
 To celebrate our new home, my family came and Dad ordered pizza. We were completely knackered but were so happy, eating pizzas and passing my baby cousin around in a circle and swapping stories. The only thing that was missing was *Cassandra's presence.

Our new home is wonderful. I sometimes think I am dreaming when I am cooking in our kitchen, or folding our laundry and putting them in our double-door wardrobes. This house has been a dream for us since we moved in together at Fawlty Towers, where A's closet was a large cardboard box in our living room because there was no storage space.
Theres a bath-tub and a big garden that I want to plant flowers and herbs.
 I don't know where this strong desire to garden has come from, maybe it is because I have watered the plants at work many a time and I enjoy watching the metamorphosis from flower to fruit, from seedling to plant.
With this new home has come a new season and I have made myself a promise to become bolder, braver and embrace the changes and challenges that come with it.

LOVE

When I was in my last year of school, I wondered what I would be other than a writer.
I wondered what I had to offer the world and back then my worst fear was not having anything to give.
My school counsellor, Michelle, was incredible while I started working it out.
And I remember thinking that I wanted to do what she did, help people to heal and move forward. But then self-doubt crept in. What did I know about life? How can I advise people when I have only experienced my story?
And so I put that dream up on the shelf, promising I would look at it again when I had seen, learnt more.
Then I completely forgot about it and completely missed the signs.
People tell me things, whether they are a close friend, a relative, or a stranger.
Three months ago there was a guy at the bus stop in the city, when he wasn't drunkenly yelling out the bus numbers he told me about his brother who committed suicide.
 A few weeks ago, an elderly woman started talking to me at the bus stop and we ended up having a cup of coffee. She told me about the emotional abuse she suffered as a child and a young woman at the hands of her mother and sister and the betrayal of a beloved older brother.
I'm a good listener, but sometimes the words in my head go through so fast that I try and say them and then get tongue-tied.
So I've decided that next year after the wedding, I am going to enroll into a Diploma of Counselling.
I figure if God helped Moses with his stutter, he'll help me.


& THE EVERYDAY


My everyday right now is blending my new address with my everyday life.
 Thankfully where I live, buses are constant every ten to fifteen minutes and the neighborhood is quiet.
There's no derailment of my daily routine and I can stay at my gym.
Now that I'm not living around the corner from the gym, I have to make it count more.
So I wrote up a plan for new gym days.
Friday night, Saturday, Monday, Tuesday.

My only whinge for this week has been that I can't find the kettle to have my morning hit of caffeine and I think I will have to start a treasure hunt for my shoes this weekend.
This is what happens when you don't label the last half of the boxes, kids!
Other than these small inconveniences, *A, *Harry and I are getting along well as house-mates.
There's food in the pantry and beer in the fridge. It's a good life.

- Sarah x









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope