Creative Realisations & Dessert Disaster

LIFE

While I was reading "Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert. I was absolutely blown away by it, swept up in the magic, the wonder of creativity and the plain honesty.
As I was reading it I realised that I had been making excuses for not being creative.
My favourite excuse was that I do not have room in my humble two-bedroom unit - the day I finished reading the book I went and bought a set of twelve small tubes of paint and have dabbled a little bit.
Magic came forth, colours blended and merged.
What I learnt out of reading Big Magic was that I apologise way too much - sometimes when I know I have messed up and the rest of the time just out of habit. It's time to kick sorry in the balls.

For a long time I believed that a successful writer was a famous one, for the past couple of years I have been starting and then abandoning projects because just when it starts to look good I ask myself 'Is it perfect?' or 'Will it get published?' and then I become daunted.
During my holiday I got a rejection letter, I have a small stack of rejection letters, I even had a couple of acceptance letters from self-publishing companies that were keen to take on my work but I foolishly believed that I shouldn't have to pay to have my words put in print when I had poured my words and time into the manuscript.
But now I am starting to think that maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea...I actually now feel I haven't had enough rejection letters. 
And lastly, I have been wanting my writing to earn my dough and now I realise that I need to do this for the love of it; not because of the monetary rewards or the fame.

To the writers and artists out there, you really need to pick up a copy of Big Magic - it's an extraordinary, magical book.


LOVE

A. got a new job which he started today. He is a Customer Relations Officer and so far so good, he is enjoying it. On the 8th of July we are moving into the house I knew we would get. When I walked through the gate into the yard and took a big look around, I knew it would be our new place.
There are some things you just know. Sure enough, all the arrows pointed us back there and I can't wait to do some DIY projects which include a tyre swing and an outdoor bar. When I was a kid I loved watching Home Improvement. The first thing on my list is to revarnish the dining room table Mum and Dad are giving us - it's the same one I have been eating at all my life (It has been collecting dust in Mum and Dad's garage at the house where they have lived these past two years.)
 At first I thought about what I would do once I got my hands on that table - the question was whether to turn it into something sleek and boho chic or turn it back into a timeless antique.
The timeless antique won out - just because some things in life are just not meant to change when they are already perfect.


& THE EVERYDAY

Travelling is addictive and when I was in Brunei Darusallem and Malaysia, I realised that we are blessed with our government for implementing national security, public safety and human rights, particularly women's rights. We may complain and call the powers that be 'high-hats' and give them shit about their choice in sea-bathers attire, helicopter rides and extravagant ball gowns but after seeing Labuan and Sabah, I realised we don't have even come close to having it bad. 
Last weekend I went to the Children's and Baby's Expo with a friend and we had a wonderful time.
There was a time when I would be so anxious about not having children of my own - that desire is still there but the anxiety is gone. It's nice to be able to admire baby clothes without that sinking feeling in my stomach.
 I saw *Cassandra last night, she's home for the holidays now which ties in really well with Mum's birthday. I unfortunately skimmed an important part on the cardboard box as I was reading the cooking instructions and as a result, I pulled the apple-pie out of a smoky oven in a panic and found to the distaste of all that it was slightly charred on the top. Thank stars there was vanilla ice-cream and Milo! 


That's me for tonight. Thankyou guys for loyally reading my blog, it means the world to me that you take the time to read this.

- Sarah x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope