The Guilt



Guilt is like an unravelling ball of yarn.
It's difficult to wind it back neatly, it follows you, trips you up when you least expect it, it gathers and knots together tightly.
The only way to get rid of guilt is to cut it off.

Guilt is something that has surfaced alot for me. One of those things was watching A. work two, sometimes three casual jobs and I felt like a failure even though I work part-time three days a week. Then I realised, after talking with *Victoria, *Cassandra and my neighbour Jess, that my contribution to our home was being able to provide stability, emotional support, cleaning, laundry and that shifted my perspective of me as a failure to being a provider and partner.

I am still sifting through the guilt of other things.
Like keeping a low-profile on the social scale this year, not following through with my 2017 Resolution of giving up soft-drink and while there is still time for me to be a size ten - it's a tight squeeze!
 I know that as I chase the facade of perfection, just how guilty I can feel.

So this is me, cutting off the guilt.

- Sarah x












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope