Sea-Food Smorgasbord at Surfers

LIFE

A. and I have just eaten a smorgasbord of sea-food - we cannot move, don't want to either!
Tonight we are staying at Surfers Paradise - another day, another hotel room. This morning we ate at The Guilty Rogue which is across the road from the Brisbane Bus Transit. Good travel grub, its hot and gives you sustenence and the staff are friendly. Its got a hipster chic vibe happening.
After our breakfast A. and I went to wait two hours for our bus. A. watched movies on his ipad and I read Death Du Jour.
We arrived at Surfers around 3:00pm and checked into our hotel. I felt drowsy from the bus ride but made plans with A. to see a 7D movie, have drinks and hit TimeZone before coming back to the hotel for dinner. Turns out there was a 7D movie package for $30. A. chose Bloody Road. Its a charming...(and I use this term loosely) movie about being chased by pyschotic zombies with chain-saws. It doesn't end well...
The next movie was a wacky roller-coaster ride with mosquitos the size of baseballs and gigantic hairy spiders that would do Aragog proud (cue more screaming from yours truly) and the last movie was an Egyptian adventure with a creepy ghostly Cleopatra who pops up every minute and theres all sorts of lovely...*cough* critters trying to eat you!
Leaving the dark cinema and stepping back into the light of day made me squint - so A. and I went in search of our pre-TimeZone beverages.
I tried my first tequila slammer - its an acquired taste. A. thought I would chuck so he clogged my nose. To keep my stomach lining I wolfed down a packet of Salt & Vinegar chips, then it was time to play at TimeZone - two hours of flashing lights and buttons left us feeling happy as we walked back to our hotel to get ready for dinner.
Ever since I ate a oyster at Mt Tamborine I have craved sea-food - and tonight the restaurant at our hotel had two for the price of one! Mmmm...such bliss! So that was our adventure for the day but I am lying awake thinking 'What can I do and where should I go?' I watched 'Me Before You' last night and laughed, cried and wanted to watch it again and again- as an Australian, I was really proud to see Stephen Peacocke in that movie. I miss him as Brax though. Home & Away hasn't been the same without the Braxton brothers! Anyway, what I felt after seeing that movie was restlessness - I remember being back in Fiji feeling so unstoppable and courageous - and I want to feel like that again. Maybe its the travel-bug flu that has been lying in wait for me since I was seventeen.

LOVE

*Cassandra called me up this morning to say hi and that she read my last blog and that she misses me. I miss her too. I miss everyone these days.

& THE EVERYDAY

There has been some really awful things happening this week - Hurricane Matthew sweeping through the U.S, Haiti and Havana. My prayers are with families and friends of the lives which were taken with this tragedy. And the two construction workers who were crushed by a concrete block at New Farm in Brisbane - words cannot express my sadness for everyone who is affected by that. Prayers and love for them too.

- Sarah x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings