First Leg of a Journey



When does it feel like you are going travelling?
Is it when you decide to fish $700.00 out of your life savings for a return ticket to Fiji?
Or is it when you have that crazy dream of being already there with your best friend in a caravan park and suddenly Jim Carey pops his head out a caravan and hollers.
"Sarah! Ally! Wanna have drinks with me?!"
And then from out of nowhere, your Dad runs out yelling. "I'll have a drink with you, Jim!"
(Mind you, this is my Dad who has the seldom white wine!)
I suppose the realisation hit me as I was packing my large, pink suitcase yesterday - packing and repacking just to make sure I had everything.
And then saying goodbye to A. this morning, when he said. "See you soon."
Finally, when I wheeled my ridiculously heavy luggage outside at mid-day and hauled it down the street - that's when it hit me, this is the first leg of my journey.

Before embarking on an oddessy with Frodo to save Middle Earth, Samwise Gamgee said to his friend. "If I take another step, it will be the furtherest from home I have ever been."
I can completely understand where Sam is coming from. He likes routine, predictability and complacency. I go to a restaurant and know what I want to order, I know where all the toilets in Garden City are and know what I am doing each day.
Fiji was a "oneday, someday" plan which somehow surfaced to the top of my in-tray.

There is one thing I have to do before I go to Fiji and that is to go to a job interview at a job centre as a Customer Services Officer.
I have prepared meticulously well for this - and there are people I have to thank for assurance, pep-talks and of course, clothes for the interview. *Victoria and Jess, you are amazing, wonderful and fantastic! A thousand times, thankyou!

While I'm waiting to find out whether I got the job - Fiji is going to rock my world!
Fiji! I'm coming for you! Are you ready for me?!

I suppose the right question is: Am I ready for you?

More soon!

- Sarah xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Getting Uncomfortable