6 Months & Counting

Hello all!
Wow! I cannot believe that we are six months into the year - where did the time go?
The job front is activated but unfortunately I am still waiting for my blue card. (sigh)
Good things come to those who wait, yeah?
Although I have two guaranteed positions through a child care relief agency, myself and my job search marketer have been putting in a lot of effort in order to get me back into work in a more consistent position.

I have started driving lessons again, yesterday was my fifth lesson and I am happy to say that I am making good progress. My driving overall is excellent, but in order to sit for my test I need to perfect my lane-changing technique because I have this habit of looking too long in the mirror before changing lanes and accidentally moving the car in the direction that I'm looking, I need to be able to use the gears with finesse and master single and double-lane islands because I nearly collided with a small, silver car that was hiding behind a big, white van. Both driver and front passenger in that car flipped me the bird, a learner driver's first initiation to real driving! BOO-YA!
As much as I wanted to beep my horn and point to the large, black L on the FRONT and BACK of the car - I simply just raised both hands in a "I'm sorry" gesture. 
The driving instructor is a really cool, patient kind of guy and assured me that I was a good driver and that he had tutored worse pupils. I know that isn't much to be re-assured about, I have had a couple of "Should I really be driving?" but I am glad that God had sent guardian angels and a savvy instructor!

Want to know something sad?
Of course you don't...you've probably been having a pretty shit week - where are my manners?
Okay - let me rephrase that, there is good news and bad news.
The good news is that my churches application for this new church has been accepted and we have started renovating it to cater to our needs.
The bad news is...(drum roll) until the congregation moves into the new building (which is huge) there is no Friday night church which means no pre-service dancing with my friends and my unofficial barista training is put on hold for a couple of months.
Last Friday night was fantastic! It was like one big party!
I watched Frozen with the kids and ate lollies, chips and popcorn and after the church service myself and a bunch of my friends danced to the Nutbush, Macarena and Greased Lightning and a little bit of Beyoncé. - so it was a bit of a flash-mob which was organised by my friend Al. and I.
Al. choreographed every move to perfection and then I just had to keep up, we created a tuition video (which Al. accidentally deleted later that night) but we had also made a video with us just talking to people about the dance, it was absolutely hilarious and that video will probably never been seen by the youtube population which is cool, because although Al. and I are a couple of clowns we still get self-conscious.
  Al. and I have decided that although Friday night church is taking a sabbatical doesn't mean we have to. Over the past six months we have become close, until we started working together in café and getting the groceries together we didn't really chat but through the café God has forged a strong friendship for us both, we dance and laugh until our sides split from laughing.
So for now, Fridays are still sacred. But friendship is forever and always.

It looks like A. and I will be renewing our lease, as much as I fantasize about renting the house next door, I know that particular fruit is not in season yet and won't be until this time next year.
To be honest, the house next door is a home that I would just love to buy. At least on the outside.
It's a white house with a black tiled roof and white lace curtains in the windows, its got a big deck that would be perfect for entertaining and a backyard that is big enough for a garden and a swing-set for when the kids come along and to top it off, the backyard has a yellow frangipani tree.
I would absolutely love to have a home like that to putter around in!

Today I was hanging out with a friend who I had not seen since after New Years and I was so inspired by her! Two years ago she was struggling to find work in a new city and this morning she informed me that she and her boyfriend have just bought a two-storey house on the out-skirts of town that is apparently a renovation dream with a chimney.
She and her boyfriend have worked so hard for this, so naturally I am so happy for them!

I am truly hoping that before long, I will be laying down roots as well.
I may look like a city girl but in my heart I have those good ol' southern values!
But until such a time, I will wait, pray and be content with my cosy unit - seeing as it looks like we are here for another year I have decided to plant a little herb garden on our balcony with some blue, pink and white flowers.

Unfortunately I have run out of time tonight, I had better go and fix a nice chicken dinner for A. and myself.
Talk soon!

-Sarah



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope