Work Experience & Turning Twenty-Five

Hi everyone!

I just want to check in and see how everybody is and bring you up to date about a couple of things in my life.
I don't know whether I have broadcasted this or not; but I still don't have a job.
However, I have successfully reapplied at my old childcare center and have dropped my resume in at fast food joints, childcare centres and local cafes and restaurants.
After much thought and reflection I wandered why I wasn't getting the gigs.
Needless to say, I came to the conclusion that my experience wasn't quite enough so I put the wheels in motion to remedy that. There is a new Italian restaurant in my area which is still trying to gain local recognition - so I walked down the street to see if they could offer me any.

Because it is so quiet in the restaurant right now, they were happy to give me work experience but they could give me no guarantees on whether they could give me a paid job.
That would be nice and all, but I agreed to the work experience because I wanted to learn everything that I needed to in a casual environment. I worked one shift last Tuesday night and enjoyed it a lot, my mind raced to process everything the manager told me about using the fancy-schmancy cash register system, polish the glasses - I took one order but the manager explained to me he wanted me to observe him and what he did; so I did a bit of  hanging back but made sure I didn't stare too long when he served customers - cause that would just look weird.
I went home that night feeling uplifted and happy - "You didn't do too bad for your first day." the manager informed me with a grin.
Tonight is the second night of work experience for me and I feel excited and a little nervous at the same time,
I'm hoping that tonight will run smoothly and I'll be able to put everything I learnt from last time into practice.

My twenty-fifth birthday was a blast.
A. bought me a kindle and so far I have four books on it.
My best friend from Cairns came over and cooked me a gorgeous vegetable pasta with a side of garlic bread fresh from the oven (it was scrumptious!) and we all went out to dinner that night at the place where I am doing work experience - the food is absolutely devine and hearty.
For dessert they served us a small carrot cake with icing - delish!
The following day another friend of mine came over and we watched movies, pigged out on junk food and talked about how some Christians don't like reading things like Twilight, Harry Potter, The Hush, Hush series like we do. We both enjoy a bit of fantasy reading - what more can I say?
My friend stayed until eight0'clock that night and we finished off the night with pizza and Home & Away. Before Home & Away came on my friend said to my boyfriend.
"Do you want to watch Friends or Two and a half men?"
"He swings either way." I called out and my friend burst out laughing and my boyfriend sat there giving me a weird look.
"Oh, whoops! I didn't mean that! A. is a man's man!" I said with a blush and my friend laughed even harder and said. "You might want to shut up now before you dig yourself a bigger hole."
"Sorry babe." I said to my boyfriend who muttered. "It's okay."
Thank God the football came on then! In a few minutes the incident was quite forgotten.

So thanks for turning guys but I have to run, my parents are here to pick me up for lunch with the grandparents.

- Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green