Rivertide

At my old house there was a walking track in the park which led to my prayer bench. Nowadays my prayer bench overlooks the Brisbane River. I used to think the Brisbane River was nothing special. I thought it looked bleak and muddy but it wasn't until I saw it everyday that I saw just how beautiful it is. If you see it at dusk or dawn and how it reflects the colors in the sky, you would understand what I mean. Or the way the mid-morning sun rays leave a trail of glimmering diamonds across the surface that makes you want to swim out to find them. Or how the water becomes greener as it reaches the rivers edge where the mangroves thrive. Or how it becomes a witches cauldron that laps and stirs in different directions. I love the river, how it moves with the grace of a waltz. My favorite time of day is standing at the helm of the ferry and being mesmerised by the water. My thoughts and feelings don't matter because there is so much beauty surrounding me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope