Making Room

Alan and I have lived in our new abode for three weeks this upcoming Sunday and we have settled in really well. Public transport to work is a bit of a time juggle but otherwise, things are going good. What I love about our new home is the ten minute ferry ride I take every early morning and evening. It is absolutely exhilarating standing at the front of the ferry and feeling it glide over small choppy waves. The frigid wind slaps against my face and wakes me up quicker than my morning dose of Moccona. I enjoy watching the enthusiastic kayackers and rowers paddle along the river in the frosty chill of morning, pitting themselves determinedly against the biting wind and rain. At my local park I see children play, families ride their bikes and middle-aged Chinese women do tai-chi in the gazebo and a P.T group being put through their paces. I have been able to pick up on the rythem of this new home and have warmed up to it. I did have my reservations about the move initially but I love our new location even though my knowledge of the surrounding area is the cluster of shops on the street corner and park. I have been something of a hermit when I am home on the weekends, typing away at a couple of different projects when I am not spending time with family and friends. Alan has been incredible with this move and making it easier for me to cope with. For the first week when he was home before going back to work he had a hot meal waiting for me and something sweet for dessert. My heart quickly followed my sweet-tooth when it came to this man in the early months of our dating. I really do feel the chocolate mousse he made me for the first birthday I spent with him sealed the deal for me! 😂 Today I said a fond farewell to my Queen size bed that has been sitting pretty downstairs in the garage for the past three weeks and feel better for letting it go. It is amazing why we hold onto things for so long and then wake up one day and realise we don't actually need it. I think that is one thing I have learnt from this move is that it's okay to let go of old things because it clears the way for the new. New thinking and being is the way forward, but with that being said it is also important to find ways which honour the old, faithful and true. The new abode feels like home now with bright colors and we are happy. Stay safe out there,ya'll! - Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope