The Fireside Wife: Burdens Like Butterflies

Burdens can be heavy. They can take their toll on your bank balance, your thoughts and energy. They can take form as knowledge and secrets or a dark tunnel where you do not know what lies ahead, but its dark and you cannot go back to where you were.
All you know is that where ever you are going has to be better than what you have left behind.
And if it's not, theres hope because you can see possibilites.

I had a revelation about burdens a few weeks ago. At the beginning of that day I felt awful, there was a yucky and sludgy feeling in my gut.
I felt burdened with my own feelings of anxiety and inadequacy. There was this audio transcribing job that I really wanted and I was knocked back. Mix that with unpaid bills and its been a rough couple of months financially. I have only had one interview and my applications kept getting politely declined or put on a slush pile to be reconsidered - even the jobs that required common-sense, courtesy, a phone and a  internet connection needed more experience than I could offer.
I felt like a failure.
In my mind I wondered: When will things get better?
What should I be doing that will get me a better shot at being given an interview?

 I am really lucky because the culture at my work is Christian-based and really supportive.
One of the lovely ladies prayed for me asking God to help shift my burdens and to make a way for me.
I do not know yet what form that way will take or how long I will be waiting for it. But I do know that by asking God that I will have a better chance of getting on that path.

I have learnt a few things about burdens that I would like to share.

1: Burdens are like butterflies. For awhile they will stay and then they will fly away. Butterflies and burdens have one thing in common - they are delicate and fragile. A butterfly cannot fly properly with torn wings.

2) When you think about your burdens, think of them as stone steps that lead to a good place.
What you learn from your burdens will make you grow as a person.

3) Do not judge yourself, but help yourself. Trash-talking yourself saying. "I should have studied harder in high school." "I should be a lot further in my life than I am right now." "I am a failure." That kind of self-talk won't motivate you to be the best version of you. I have done that to myself because I did not know how to tell myself any different.

4) Count your blessings. You may have one or two areas of your life that suck but on the upside theres good things happening in your life. Finances may be rocky but you've got good friends that care about you and family who love you.

With that being said, I feel like I should tell you what I am doing to make my butterflies fly away.
I am focusing my spare time on my blog and watching YOUTUBE videos on how to vlog. I've learnt that when you put your attention on something you love to do, it lifts your mind-set and your energy levels.
On Monday night I did not get to sleep until 11:30 because I was brain-storming for potential blogs and I was so excited about what was coming to the surface in my mind.
I also have a second book in a series that I am working on that I think about constantly when I'm away from it.
 Theres an old saying: You may not have everything you want, but if you have everything you need then you are already rich.

I hope your burdens fly away soon, or that you can make peace with them.

- Sarah x



Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor and nature






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope