The Cloud of Uncertainty

Sometimes uncertainty weighs on my mind like a dark cloud, but one thing I do know for certain is that uncertain times and seasons do not last. If I keep my chin up and work hard, that dark cloud will pass over, I do feel overwhelmed sometimes, in those moments I wish I knew more than what I know. Staying positive in the face of the unknown sometimes can be wearing on the heart, but I know that life presents these opportunities to build character and growth.
Over time I have learnt that when a cloud of uncertainty passes over, it's important to hold onto the things in life that are certain, to not lose sight of what is in our power.
Seasons of plenty and poor ebb and flow, there will be days of joy and sorrow.
There may be crying today and happiness tomorrow. Sometimes even on a day of sadness you can find a small pocket of happiness, something to be grateful for.

There are four things that I can always have in my power:

1) My attitude. I may have a bad moment but I do everything I can to have a good day.
2) The presence of friends and family in my life. Making time and enjoying every moment with those I love is paramount to my happiness. Having strong, reciprocal bonds with loved ones can help so much when you are facing a cloud of uncertainty. Even when you are hurting, make sure the ones you love know you love them and are there for them too. The ones who truly love you are the ones who show they can be there for you whether in sunshine or storm.
3) My surroundings. Life is messy, my home doesn't have to be.
4) My body - I still have power over my body, how I choose to move it and what I put in my mouth.
Floor stretches and dancing is my work-out routine at home now that Autumn is making its presence known.

These are the four certain things in my life, everything else is a little less.
Something that comes to my mind is this Bible verse and it comforts me.

Ecclesiastes 3 

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. 
A time to be born and a time die. 
A time to plant and a time to pluck what is planted. 
A time to kill and a time to heal.
A time to break down and a time to build up.
 A time to weep and a time to laugh. 
A time to mourn and a time to dance. 
A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together. 
A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing. 
A time to seek and a time to lose. 
A time to keep and a time to cast away. 
A time to tear and a time to sew.
 A time to keep silent and a time to speak. 
A time to love and a time to hate.
 A time for war and a time for peace. 


Those of you who are going through your own cloud of uncertainty, I hope that you will take every chance for a moment of joy; even if you have to look for them.
As for me, I'm going to take this time to gather, plant, build, dance and laugh until my cloud blows over. Between you, me and The Man Upstairs, I hope it does sooner than I think.

- Sarah x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings