After I Said 'Yes'

LIFE

Life after the Engagement Story is the same - except I have a sparkler on my finger that feels like an extra body part.
Following A.'s proposal, here is what I didn't expect to feel.
On top of that estastic joy, there was also anxiety.
As a girl, and until my recent engagement; I had pictured doing the whole schbang.

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue.
But hours after my engagement, I realised that I was daunted - not by marriage but the wedding itself. After four and a years with A. I can say that its high time and over that we tied the knot.
 I even told A. that we could take our families and a few close friends somewhere and get married by a pastor or an Elvis Presley impersonator with a Civil Celebrant License.
But A. assured me that everything would be fine, that the celebration of our union would be amazing with the right people there. And I am very lucky to have very beautiful people in my life.
I did the math last night - I'll be twenty-eight or twenty-nine when A. and I get hitched.
I can't wait to marry A. I kind of wish I hadn't been so hasty to say early 2018 - I know it gives us time to save up but hell, I just want to be married now.

A. and I have started what we call 'Shedding For The Wedding' - I have a food diary that tracks my calories and I hit the gym 2-3 times a week. I tried a Cycling class today, not for the first time - a year ago I went with *Victoria and *Cassandra and let's just say that more than my ego was bruised in the process.
Today I tried again, because I'm fitter and stronger - and I lasted fifteen minutes.
Fifteen minutes of gritting my teeth as my left foot ached, probably because the muscles in my feet were protesting this new experiment. And my derriere felt like it had been whacked with a wooden spoon - repeatedly. So I hopped off the bike I was using, apologised to the facilitator and tried to leave without bumping my hip against the bikes. A. suggested this week when I go to the gym to train myself up a little bit, hop on one of the bikes available upstairs in the general training room.
I want to try again because it's something we can do together - if I can only get past the first fifteen minutes!



LOVE

I was a running tap on Wednesday morning. Had enough water-works to fill a glass.
I just want to say something. Treasure the time you have with your family, living under one roof and eating at the same table. Relish their closeness. Give them hugs. Bicker, make nice and have a laugh about it.
Because you won't always see them everyday. You won't see them to tell them good news straight away, same goes for bad news. Text messages and phone calls only numb the ache when you really miss them and want to be with them. Cherish every minute.
Luckily for me, my family will all be together this coming weekend. The five of us.
The parents. The sisters. And two out of three Misters. Plus the dog.
I can't wait!

& THE EVERY DAY  

When you have a routine and it feels like you do the same thing day in and day out - things get predictable and mundane. What I try and do is make ordinary moments extraordinary.
Espeically at work. I don't know why some people think childcare is bludge.
A cousin of mine once decreed that childcare was a bludge at a family luncheon and I barely resisted the urge to throw my glass of lemonade in his face! Instead I tried to be diplomatic, stating that it was actually a big responsibility because you have people depending on you. The children, their parents and co-workers. There's different personalities, cultures and you have to constantly adapt to people, situations and legislation. Some people don't get that looking after the precious progeny of a stranger can be a daunting, hair-raising task - one minute it feels like you are losing your mind and maybe an hour later, you can't think of anything else you'd rather do as a career.
It's a emotional roller coaster - high-speed and sharp corners and the aftermath is either laughing, crying and occasionally, vomit.
And four days a week - that beautiful chaos is my everyday. 

Signing off now but will talk more soon.

Sarah x
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings