The Engagement Story

LIFE

It is Sunday night and I am mentally preparing for Monday morning.
I have my feet soaking in a foot-spa with water and Listerine and I am about to share some important news! Two weeks ago today, A. proposed and my reply was 'Yes, a thousand times yes!'
I wish I could say that response is original but that would be lying, I am a big Pride & Prejudice fan.
After seeing Mr. Bingley's interesting proposal to Jane which began with
"I have been an inexplicable fool..." I have always wanted to say 'Yes, a thousand times yes!' to Mr. Right. Luckily, he found me on a couch at a party four and a half years ago.
In Townsville he asked me if I wanted to go for a walk and I actually really wanted to read my new copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child on a beach chair overlooking the sparkling blue ocean - but A. doesn't do walks. He doesn't do big boulder rocks either but on that clear, sunny afternoon he asked me. "Do you want to climb up the rocks?"
So we climbed the rocks and I was glad that I hadn't bought my boots, with great trepidation and cautiousness; we climbed to the top.
Once we got there I noticed A. unzipping his backpack which I thought was odd, surely he would rather look at the flat sapphire blue ocean with me?
"We should probably move onto this rock, it looks more even." I tell him.
"Good idea." He agrees before zipping up the bag again.
I go first, carefully making my way to the neighbouring rock which had enough room for both of us and once again, drink in the view. Once again, A. is rummaging around in his backpack.
"You should probably turn around." He says.
"Um, okay. This is gorgeous." I tell him and when I look back at him he is kneeling.
"There is something I want to ask you. Sarah....? Will you marry me?"
And that was when I stole Jane Bennet's line.
"Yes, a thousand times yes!"
Being a hopeless romantic, I cried happy tears. We hugged. And got the hell off the rock.
And that, ladies and gents, is how this gal found herself engaged.

LOVE

After two weeks, we were finally ready to announce to the world on Facebook our happy news.
The wedding won't be until 2018 and it's going to be unconventional - because we are an unconventional couple. As an unconventional bride, I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve - and you'll hear all about them when I am ready to share. ;)
For the past four and a half years, I am one of the happiest women I know and I can't wait to be Mrs. Right!


& THE EVERYDAY

The day after The Engagement Story was a work day and I felt like Cinderella in the Disney version when a-holes run over her pumpkin carriage. But that feeling didn't last for long when I started showing my work tribe the ring!
And that was without a doubt, the best Monday ever.

Last Saturday A. and I went to Mount Tamborine and after that little taste, I want more.
More fresh air. More inspiration. I crave that place with it's artsy laid-back vibe, it's delicious food - I would call the scenery 'enchanting'  as opposed to beautiful. I want to head back there and stay at this B&B that is painted blue and looks like a doll-house and take my laptop and write up a storm.

 My writing sessions have felt cluttered and it's getting to a point where I physically cannot stand in a book-store without feeling sad. That's the sad truth of being a writer.
You look at the amazing stories that other people have written and you wish you wrote it and have three shelves dedicated to your new release.
One day that will be me.

- Sarah x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings