Plans, Places, Possibilities

LIFE

Sometimes you have to get away from 'what is' to see 'what could be', you can plan it but if the opportunity is there - climb out the window and run as far and as fast as you can.
A. and I had a wonderful opportunity for the taking this morning and we embraced it, our opportunity was tucked away in the luscious hills and fields of Mt. Tamborine. We went for a small road-trip with our neighbours Alan and Jess and enjoyed the smorgasbord of music 97.3FM had to offer as the car ate up the miles.
My parents used to take me and my sisters there a lot when we were kids.
My Mum is a country girl and I think that love for the big open spaces has rubbed off on me because every time I go to Mount Tamborine, it gets harder to get back in the car and go back to the city; back to the noise and bustle. I love the quiet. The quant shops and cottage retreats.
I can't wait to go back! And one day, I want to go back and stay.  

LOVE

Love is in the air! Duh-dum-dum-duh-dum-dum!
 A. and I are going really well. We're both working hard and have so many plans that sometimes they overwhelm me when I think about them too hard. At the moment we are just enjoying ourselves and what has been given to us. We have both come a long way in the past four years and it's wonderful to see what looked like a thousand piece puzzle of question marks become aligned and fit together.

& THE EVERYDAY

Something I am always grateful for is my work-place. It's full of women who come from different family situations and cultural backgrounds - we don't always understand or like each other, but we always love each other. I guess you could say it's like being apart of some kind of dysfunctional family powered by caffeine and chocolate. In childcare there are many kinds of days.
Sometimes you get good days with hair-raising chaos and other days you get bad days with good moments. Other days you get those uplifting moments when you remember why you chose to get drool on your shirt and play-dough stuck to the bottom of your shoes over an office cubicle and a coffee machine. Then there are days when you are mentally saying what you can't out loud...
For situations like that, A. has kindly bought a mandala book of swearing for me so that I can de-stress and maybe have a giggle while I drink wine and colour in a naughty word.

I know that my writing on here has changed a little bit and it is because I have changed from the inside. People adapt in situations and evolve when they are challenged.
 I have done something that I have not been particularly good at and that is loving myself for who I am and embracing my flaws rather than trying to bury them.
I am proud of who I have become.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings