My Unapologetic Addictions

 









LIFE


Life is certainly changing - for the better.

Now that I am working part-time, usually I only have enough time to get dressed and have breakfast and no time for a morning buzz of caffeine - to clear the morning fuzziness in my brain I've been waking up to some good ol' country tunes on the two buses I catch to work. A. and I share a love for Johnny Cash's "Hurt" originally performed by 9 Inch Nails.
My love for country music has intensified since five years ago when I went to the Gympie Muster with my friend Michelle and both of us were counting down the hours and minutes until we saw Kasey Chambers, that was a helluva good weekend even though it was pouring down hard and we were soaked to the skin for hours. All that aside, I found a new sound in the form of Jasmine Rae and when she sang 'I Faked It', I was hooked.
 When I listened to Jasmine Rae's "Why'da Tie The Knot?" I was like "Hell yes!"
What I like about these three women is how their lyrics are spunky and relatable.
Last week as I ate breakfast at Gloria Jeans Atomic Kitten came on with "Whole Again", when I was fourteen I listened to this song over and over again, the subtext of the song was I needed a guy to be complete - how my life would fall apart without him and I didn't think to question it.
I know that we cannot change what was but looking back now I wish I had listened to Jasmine Rae's "Look It Up" and Kellie Pickler's "Red High Heels" - if I have a little girl I'm going to make her listen to these songs as soon as she starts noticing boys. These songs are strong and send a subliminal message that a woman can be empowered when there's a breakup instead of pining for a moron.
There is another song that I absolutely can't stop listening to "When I Get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley, it's a love-letter from our loved ones in Heaven. When I listen to this song I look forward to seeing my Grandaddy Box, a family friend called Joan who looked after me and my sisters in our childhood and my friend Jaz who passed away a couple of years ago from cancer.
 I feel comfort in knowing that where my loved ones are, they are happy and watching over me.
 I believe this because of two things: We have a living spirit and it needs to go somewhere and this is what Jesus said to Martha whose brother Lazarus had died.
John 11:20-27

So when Martha heard Jesus was coming, she went out and met him, but Mary remained in the house.
Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if you had been here my brother would not have died. But even now I know that whatever you ask from God, God will give you." Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to him. "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day." Jesus said to her. "I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he may die, yet he shall live, and everyone who believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this?"
She said to him. "Yes, Lord. I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God who is coming into the world."

LOVE


There is a lot of time and so much to decide. There are so many things for young couples these days to do. Buy property, travel, get married, have kids (or choose not to).
 A. and I are a bit spoilt for choice and sometimes I wish everything would happen at once!
It's an uncertain but exciting time, the season that we are in. But most of all, I'm happy that I get to eventually do all these things with A.
When I was younger one thing I knew for sure was that I wanted to marry my best friend - in my heart I'm already married but I can't wait to declare this to the world in the presence of God.

& THE EVERYDAY


Today was Easter Sunday, it was mostly a quiet day - I watched television, went to my parent's new house to see what it looked like inside - afterwards I was so inspired by their urban and clean quarters that I started folding laundry and doing a bit of cleaning at my writer's garret.
While I know that the meaning behind Easter (Ishtar) is not a celebration of Christ's return - I really enjoyed gorging myself on chocolate. I'm not going to apologise for saying how it is - yes, I wholeheartedly believe that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of world, I believe that the miracles he performed were true and that he really is the son of God - just not that it happened today.
However, I am an unapologetic chocoholic...I like chocolate in any shape or size, seven days a week, all year round. I don't discriminate...and that's why a little girl at work always says to me.
"Miss Sarah, you have a lot of chocolate in your tummy!"
On an end note, I am really excited to say that I sent off a manuscript to Penguin last night with a prayer and my fingers crossed that this will be first time a publisher says "We would to publish your work, please look over this contract." So, cross your eyes, arms, fingers, legs and toes for me!

Stay awesome!

- Sarah x







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green