Revelatons & Testimony

LIFE: My no-sugar challenge was too good to be true! Four days running I had a bizarre amount of energy, was less stressed and my skin glowed with health. I also lost two kilos. On the scales last Tuesday I was standing on 93 kilos! The closet I have ever gotten to 90 kilos!
This morning I am back to 94.4 kilos. I have a feeling the junk food rampage I have been on the past five days has contributed greatly to this debacle.
What brought on this relapse? Other than the fact that going cold turkey on sugar was a stupid idea?
I guess I should fill you in on the events over the past few days.
Let's rewind back to last Wednesday, it was the Ladies Breakfast Club Christmas Party.
The Ladies Breakfast Club is a Bible connect group which meets on the third Wednesday of every month. Our group consists of women from all walks of life. Elderly pensioners, career women, house wives and me. I fall into all those three categories with the exception of "elderly".
My Mum and I have been going to the Ladies Breakfast Club for the past two years and every break up party which coincides with a holiday season is paired with a dress theme.
This year it was red and white. Due to the fact that no matter how much laundry I do, I am always behind and had nothing white or red; so while almost everyone else looked like Christmas bon-bons; I was the odd bauble out in a dark blue singlet and dark blue denim.
The location of this Christmas break-up party was Feast, a restaurant in Springwood.
Two dollars cheaper than Sizzler with more variety (Sorry, Sizzler! I still love you!)
The food was scrumptious and filling, the conversation robust and sparkly and two hours later Mum and I emerged from Feast and I was mentally high-fiving myself for not devouring the chocolate mousse that was displayed so temptingly at the dessert bar.
Way to go, Sarah!

LOVE: The rest of the day was pretty boring after that. Like clock-work I texted A. at five'0lock and asked him to buy pasta. I began cooking a vegetable pasta sauce.
Approximately half an hour later, A. called my phone and I answered cheerfully.
"Hey baby!"
"Hey...I'm on my way to the hospital." He said.
"What happened?" I asked him.
"I got hit by a car." He said in a practical voice.
"WHAT!?" I demanded in a shrill voice and then felt bad, I really need to work on being calm in a emergency. So I forced my voice to ask. "Are  you okay?"
"Yeah. No broken bones."
I took a deep breath and asked. "Which hospital?"
"Which hospital?" I heard A. ask who I assumed to be the paramedic.
Once I got the details, I promised A. I'd be at the hospital as soon as I could and hung up on him.
I quickly called Dad and told him what had happened and he said he would be there to pick me up as soon as possible. After I disconnected with him, I went into emergency mode.
I thought it was weird that I wasn't hysterically crying, instead I switched off the stove top, put the now-finished pasta sauce in a container, turned off all the lights and electrical appliances.
I grabbed a big bag and began to pack it with things.
 My Bible, Kindle, wallet, keys, phone, phone charger. It was the longest twenty minutes of my life while I waited for Dad to come and pick me up, so I called my sisters. My younger sister answered and I began to talk to her, trying to be strong but every now and then my voice would go high before breaking down into sobs.
I could not believe this had happened to A. Other than knowing he was conscious and no broken bones which so far, was very good news. I didn't know what to expect when I saw him and that made me anxious. Finally, Dad pulled up to the curb with Mum in the front passenger seat..
I climbed into the back and we drove off. Ten minutes later we arrived at the hospital, with a choked thankyou to my Dad I climbed out of the car and with Mum on my heels, glided into the reception at the emergency centre.
The receptionist seemed to be expecting me and he whisked me through the bowels of the emergency section where we passed a man in an angry state of delirium, struggling against two female police officers and screaming for a cigarette. Needless to say, you meet interesting people in the emergency section! The receptionist took me to a room where there was a tattooed nurse - and there was A, lying on a gurney. He smiled at me as I approached and his first words to me were.
"Sorry I forgot the pasta."
They were the best words I had ever heard him say.
I did what every girl in my situation would do.
 Bawl my eyes out and wipe my snotty nose with my wrist.
The damage was not as bad as it could have been.
No broken bones. No brain damage. Just a lot of scabby bruising on his back and some trauma.
Thank God that 4Wheel driver was only going 40! I felt bad for him too, even though he had done the wrong thing by not stopping before the zebra crossing. But even that doesn't matter anymore, A. is safe, whole and at home.

& THE EVERYDAY: A. knew that he was lucky, he just didn't feel like it for a couple of days.
Every move he made was hesitant and slow, like an elderly person who is afraid of hurting themselves. A week has now gone by since the incident and at seven this morning, I watched gratefully as A. put on his work uniform, walked downstairs and waved to me once before walking around the corner and disappearing from view.
Last Wednesday could have very easily put an end to our future and plans, I could have been a widow without ever being a wife. I know that God is looking after us and what's more, A. knows too.
"Somebody up there is looking out for me." He told me.
So here is what I learnt from this.
1. I would be happy to stay in this crappy two-bedroom unit for the rest of my life if its with A.
2. If it is even possible, I love him more than I did last week.
3. God is for us.

Here is what I do differently.
1. After Home & Away, instead of going to bed; I watch tv with A.
2. I listen more. (Even if A. talks to me during Home & Away)
3. Definitely more grateful and aware that every moment we have together is precious.

So the moral of this story is:
1.Tell the people you love that you love them - just in case.
2. Be grateful for the one you share your life with. Every smile, embrace, moments of laughter and joy.
3. God is for us and he shows us in the little things and in the big things.
Sometimes he may be silent, but that doesn't mean that he has stopped working on our behalf to over-come the plots of the devil.
4: Don't be a goose, eat the chocolate mousse!

Thankyou for tuning in.
I would love to stick around but there is a unit to clean, dirty laundry and a book to write.

- Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings