Moments of Momentum

After finally receiving my Blue Card in the mail and beginning my Diploma studies in Childcare - the icing on the cake would have been when my old work called me up on Thursday afternoon and asked me to do a 7:15am-4:15pm shift. I woke up at 4:30am  because I was a tiny bit nervous and excited about going back to work after a year off.
It was ten degrees when I walked out the front door, dressed in my old work uniform carrying my bag with everything I needed for the day.
Waking up early may be a pain in the ass, but there is something truly magical when you watch the day begin.
Because my connecting bus would not have got me to my destination in time, I opted for a taxi and hurried back home quickly so I would be there when it arrived.

My taxi driver was a nice fellow, we talked about it being my first day back at work, how important the first five years of childhood is before talking about Aboriginal and Australian history, which I have been studying in childcare.
His interest in this subject lies with Aboriginal art work, except he said that Aboriginal artists don't call it their art, they call it their language.
When he dropped me off at my destination, we wished each other good luck for the future.

Over the years I have had a couple of interesting conversations with taxi drivers.
They may be strangers in uniforms, but some of them are happy to reveal personal things in casual conversation.
The taxi driver who probably stands out the most for me was a Muslim guy, things were pretty quiet between us until we drove past a mosque; he saw me looking at it curiously and said. "That mosque is three years old, we are building a new one across the street."
It was a lovely conversation between a Muslim man and a Christian woman, there was no bias or judgement, no attempt of conversion, just a mutual respect. What we learnt by the time he dropped me off at my home was that we both had families we loved, my church and his mosque both fed the hungry in their congregations.
I hope where ever that taxi driver is now, that he is blessed and happy; it was a real eye-opening conversation and I am grateful to God for the need for me to hire a cab that day!

My first day back at work in a year went very well with few dramas, nine hours went by fast without my registering it and I was greeted warmly by staff, parents and children. It was truly a fantastic day!
I am really enjoying the transition back into a busy routine, it is crazy but wonderful. After twenty-five years of life, I have learnt that Moments of Momentum come for new beginnings and cycles in life.

I had better leave you now, A. is taking me out to dinner to celebrate me swinging back into the career saddle!
I am hoping that my hard work at losing weight has paid off a little bit, it sure would be nice to wear one of my cocktail dresses!
One of them is white with elegant, sequined flower pattern with a white bow on the side or there is a dark, royal blue which makes my eyes pop!
Naturally, I want to make A.'s eyes pop and see his tongue hit the floor!

God bless you all and enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings