Realisations, Study & Just Desserts!


How exactly did I realise that I am ill-equipped to offer support and advice to people?
Some people, within moments of meeting me. Tell me what hurts them most, because I am a good listener and offer them a shoulder to cry on.
But there is one thing about me that these people do not know, I do not have the answers; even though my advice is sound, I feel helpless because I cannot fix their problems.
Ever feel like what you say isn't enough to help your friends and family and people in general?
Like everything you have experienced is so far removed from what their life experiences have been and you want to help them but don't feel qualified to give them advice on life and everything in between?
Yeah, well, I've just joined that club.
I even mentally thought of a poem in my head.

If I had a crystal ball
I'd tell you everything you want to know.
I'd sit down on the couch beside you,
to help you figure out where to go.

I used to want to be a counsellor because in high school, I had an amazing counsellor who after listened to me, told it to me straight and even lost her patience a little.
It was just little bit of irritability I needed to put me back on track.
How did I end up looking after the little kids instead of the big ones?
My childcare certificate III was supposed to be a study bridge because I had no OP score, because I was in the special education unit I "did not need one", yeah I know what you are thinking...that is completely moronic when you look at people like Tom Cruise and Albert Einstein.
Tom has dyslexia but is a high-profile actor and Albert Einstein was autistic but was an incredible inventor.

 In my opinion special needs kids should be offered the opportunity to choose whether they will take O.P subjects, just because just because somebody's brain process differently to you does not mean they do not have the smarts to score an O.P if that is what they wanted to have, nobody should say they can't.
I guess that is why I want to be an educator in childcare, because the first five years are important to a child's development and the way they see themselves. I want to be one of those educators who always say "You can do it".
There was this little kid yesterday, he was really sweet and asked me to help him put his shoes back on. "I'm not smart, I can't tie my shoe laces."
"Well, I can tell you are really smart. You'll be able to tie your shoes in no time." I replied.
Speaking of childcare, it seems I have a lot of study to do and when I think about it, a short time to do it in. July, August, September, October, November. Plus I am pretty sure I have an assessment to do in a couple of days which I am half-prepared for.
One of the joys of an online test is that I can save where I am up to and research the question before I submit it!
Apart of my other assessments is to work closely with three multi-cultural families and their child beneath the supervision of a supervisor and write a one hundred word essay about the Aboriginal history of the land the childcare centre sits on.
Pretty cool, huh? On paper it seems like a gigantic task but as long as I don't dwell too much about the why's and I'll be able do the how.
 I had best get back to studying and prepare for the 8-question knowledge test I have to sit for in a few days! Wish me luck!




                                                             A. shouted me the other night!
                                                                He paid for everything!
                                             Drinks, dinner and this beautifully presented
                                              strawberry mousse! Naturally, my first choice
                                              is always chocolate but this was delicious too!
                                                                I am a very lucky lady!
                                                

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings