Spiritual Odyssey


The very moment I finished writing "Spiritual Odyssey" in the title tab a gust of wind blew leaves up in my face!
I think this is a sign from the cosmos to proceed...

When I was growing up, Mum and Dad took *Victoria, *Cassandra and myself on a spiritual odyssey.
Riding the Doctor John DeMartini wave and being half-intrigued, half-bored shitless at L.E, through the calming om's of Buddism and learning about crystal and reiki healing from the New Age movement.

I was really crappy at meditation because my mind is a constant revolving door of angsty teenage thoughts.
I was happy being a hormonal whirl-wind - why did my parents have to spoil it with their intellectual and in-depth conversations?

What I find absolutely hilarious now is that I am re-learning some things from the Spiritual Odyssey pertaining to mindfulness, tuning into my intuition and trusting my instincts.
Sitting in meditation is no longer a rattling cage because now that I pay my own way in the world there are times when I relish sitting cross-legged and thinking about absolutely nothing. I watch Marie Forleo on YouTube during my morning commute to work.
I'm also re-learning about the wonders of thought and manifestation.

On Tuesday morning I was on my first bus and I knew I would be five minutes late for my second, so I told my friend Sarah who I was messaging on Facebook that I hoped my next bus would arrive five minutes later - and crazily enough, it happend! I arrived at the bus platform with one minute to spare.
At exactly 7:50am, my second bus to work pulled up to the curb.

Around this time last year I began another Spiritual Oddessy. I watched a TED talk on YouTube called The Magic of Not Giving a Fuck. I felt my life begin to change from that moment, a light came on and I started watching TED talks to kick-start my day.
I became a little less scared, a lot more confident and having that confidence helped me to filter my thoughts.

What I remember this time last year was that I felt scared and worried, so the universe sent me things until I stopped cowering and rose to my feet to face those challenges.
When I started to filter my thoughts and focus on the things and people that made me happy, I began to change and that was reflected in my life and circumstances.

A few years ago when I was in Fiji, I visited this village where this little girl said that she liked my soul and those precious words are the most beautiful thing I have ever heard, because at that time I was feeling a little broken in my spirit. To hear those sweet, simple words from a child shined a light through those cracks. I hope where ever that child is, that she's happy. Her presence in my life was short but had a profound impact, like a summer breeze against wind-chimes.
To this day, I am so grateful for the role that little girl played in my spiritual odyssey.

The definition of odyssey means an epic journey and my life has definately been that so far.

Wishing you all a happy odyssey in life, even with your struggles. Try and see the beauty in the storms and keep your mind and heart open to what adventures await you.

Yours Ever,
Sarah x




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope