Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green

With my 2-3 day work week plus job hunting I have alot of time on my hands. When I am not running a load of laundry or blasting my way through another chapter in my recent romance novel I am dedicating my time to reading and hiking. The weather is lovely at the moment, my ideal weather for a walk. Sunny and cloudy, sometimes overcast. After a morning of job searching and researching for my next blog post I felt I needed to spend time in nature again. I packed my back-pack with a first aid kit, three drink bottles, a container with crackers, a carrot and two banana muffins incase I needed sustenance as well as a note-pad, a pen, a sketch book and pencils incase I felt like being artsy.
I rode the bus to a stop across the road from Queen Elizabeth Hospital and set off in search of a trail. How hard could it be? It tirned out to be a little trickier than I thought and that was when I realised that I needed to do my home-work and research some local trails. But I did find me a little gem to take home. I found a foot-ball field that had no one on it and set down my bag, had a sip of water before taking off my shoes and paced bare-foot across the grass.
"Well God, I'm here. What do you want me to know?" The sun was beginning to set across the field and the wide open space was too lovely not to appreciate. I heard a whisper in my heart to sit down and like a child I obeyed, sitting cross-legged on the grass and focusing on the things above.
 The sky, the clouds, the birds as they flew gracefully to and fro between trees, circling in arcs across the blues and singing happily.
To celebrate harmony day last week my work-mates and I were assigned to buy gifts for eachother. Knowing my love for writing, my friend Tania brought me a Bible and a journal from Koorong that had a soft, pink cover that inscribed "Be still and know..."
I feel like the Man Upstairs just wanted to show me a demonstration of what that scripture meant. Be in the moment, tune into nature and know that everything will fall into place as it should on its own time and way.
I sat down for a few minutes, appreciating the nature show and took a video before ants made their presence known.
Tip: To minimise the risk of being an appetizer for the bugs - take an old towel or mat.

- Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope