Showing My Face

LIFE

There is a saying, 'No matter how you feel. Get up, dress up, show up and never give up'.
And I do all that. To be honest though, some days I do it better than others.
There are days when I want to just be safe with what I know, somewhere I am confident.
And that's at home. Shortly after moving into our new house, I have realised that these days I crave something more of a simpler and quiet life without so much rush and bustle.

I am good at hiding - but I have found that if I hide too well and too often, people won't come and find me and while that is good for when I'm smashing out a novel; it can get rather lonely. 
So I have started to show my face, getting more comfortable with it - Instagram has been awesome and people have been so encouraging and supportive.
Last week I got over my self-consciousness and posted a video of me painting a planter that I'm going to plant strawberries in. It took a couple of tries to get the right angle and the right vibe, then things started to flow a little bit - I talked too fast and didn't quite know where to look at the camera, but it's a start.

LOVE

A. and I are going to the Gold Coast this upcoming weekend on a mini-holiday.
 The next five months are going to be crazy-busy and this is our chance to take a deep breath, enjoy the scenery and buffet meals.
On Saturday I'm participating in a first aid and CPR course and A. is working.
After we finish up with our obligations, we will hopefully have a nice dinner out and spend the day at the beach the following day.
I love going to the beach and crave the sight of it sometimes, the blues and greens of the ocean breaking out into white foam on the beach. I feel like I can face anything when I'm standing in the shallows watching the tide come in. In Brunei Darusallem I was standing on the dock at the yacht club, the sky was dark grey with the storm fast approaching and the sea was jade green, the currents churning dangerously beneath the surface.
It was beautiful and menacing at the same time in the way that only nature is allowed.  


& THE EVERYDAY 

A. and I have started a business. It's small at the moment but has great potential to grow.
I never thought of myself as the sales type, so I still feel a bit weird when I tell people.
"So...A. and I have started a business."
It's been great so far because I have been able to get out of my comfort zone and talk to people about the company and the product.

While that hot-plate is starting to simmer, a Creative Kahuna has graciously summoned me and I have prostrated myself at its feet with joy and gratitude. Since then I have been typing away at my computer for hours on end. On Saturday night I pretended there was a shackle from my computer attached to my ankle and consumed a whole bottle of Brown Brother's Moscato wine in two very generous glasses. (After the second glass I didn't get much work done.)
 Mind you, this is not some tortured artist angst thing - this a rookie writer celebrating a very significant mile-stone. When a first draft gets past the first 100 pages, you know you are shoulders-deep in it.  Now I'm going to need coffee and tea to power me through the rest of the manuscript!
If you want to see visuals of my shenanigans - follow me on @sjelizabeth1989 on Instagram!

That's me, folks.

- Sarah x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green