Getting Uncomfortable

Some days I'm happy to go out and see people. Other days I wrestle with my emotions, reasoning my fears with common-sense rather than justify them and stay at home where I'm content and comfortable with everything I already know.
On days where my anxiety begs me to call up work and say I'm sick - I gently take it by the hand and say that we'll be ok.
We might laugh or cry, but we'll be ok.

I have learnt as a writer, we need to be around people and see the best and worst of being human - because if we just lock ourselves away from the world then we won't emphasise with our characters, adapt our views or cultivate and develop our work - and we won't grow as people.

This is the pep-talk I am giving myself on this sunny Friday morning on my morning commute to work.
And its working.
So far.

- Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings