A Danish & Korean Blend

LIFE

The weather in Brisbane is turning chillier which feels simply divine after the heat-wave that lasted all summer. It's cardigan and jumper season again and I can't seem to find the reindeer mistle-toe jumper I picked up at a Fashion Warriors event last year...
At the moment my thoughts and intentions are centred around home - in three months A. and are moving out to somewhere new so I am using this time to do the in-depth cleaning that I was too lethargic to do in the summer. The Danish have something called Hygge in winter (pronounced hooga), it's basically when it's too cold to go anywhere so they stay close to home.
I feel that I will be in hygge for the next nine months before my wedding - but hey, bring it on!
I can't believe how fast this year is flying.

LOVE

This past week I haven't seen much of A. because he's on a contract, waking up at 5:00am and coming home at 6:00pm. He's experiencing profound work right now, taking calls from people who have been affected by Cyclone Debbie and need financial assistance. The work is as tough as it is rewarding. I'm really proud of him for taking this opportunity to help when he could have easily said.
"Nah mate, I'm on a two week holiday." I'm grateful that the latter is not my man and I love how big A.'s heart is for his fellow Australians and human-kind.
The other night before I turned in, I gave him a kiss and said. "You're the best of me."

& THE EVERYDAY

My Asian fixation is hitting an all-time high. I am super obsessed with this television drama that has three different versions. Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese. It's based on a manga called Itazara Na Kiss, which translates to Mischievous Kiss. And I could go on about it but instead I will just say that I am watching the Korean and Japanese versions again so I can decide which one I like better.
I suggested to A. on Sunday that when we have kids, we could name them words from another origin.
"Hasa..."
"NO!" I growled at him.
"Panasonic? Asahi?" He teased me with that mega-watt grin of his that makes it impossible to be annoyed at him for very long.
"No! I mean names. There are some really cool and pretty Asian names - Hana means Blossom."
"Hmmmm.." A. mumbled non-committedly and I took this as a cue to change the subject.

Last year there was a guy who would regularly catch the first morning bus with me, his name is Ricky - he's a really cool kiwi bloke and people of all different ages and background gravitate around him. Aside from sharing a bus we also share Christian faith. It started off with just small chit-chat about general stuff like family, work and plans for the weekend. Now we fist-bump whenever we see each other. In this case we bump into each other at the gym and he finds me on the cross-trainer. He asks how I am and how the wedding plans are progressing and after I tell him that the wedding plans are coming along swimmingly, he says with a grin.
"You'd better be careful, you'll be having a baby soon!"
While a lot of people would bristle at that statement nowadays, I don't particularly mind it because being a mother is something I have always wanted. But I'm hoping that Ricky's prophesy will keep for at least another year or two after A. and I are married. I want to dent some flyer miles!

A. and I go to a sushi restaurant just down the road from us and this lovely Korean woman who is a server and I suspect, the manager - and stops by the table while I am waiting for A. and we have a little chat about my honeymoon destination and the difficult decision South Korea is facing to choose a successor for the presidency now their former president, Park Geun-hye is now serving time for abusing her power.
 We also had a girly giggle over Korean actor Kim Hyun Joong.
It was a good way to finish Wednesday.

- Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope