In Anticipation

LIFE

These days I feel a sense of expectation, my steps are bolder, louder, and there is confidence in my voice.
I have a plan for next year and I have started to put it in motion.
At this point I can't really say more than that.
Something I can tell you is I sent a manuscript to a publisher - and I was day-dreaming about receiving an offer of publication when I missed my bus-stop by three stops! Reality bites - but the prospect of pay-day and dinner at the pub makes a good band-aid!

LOVE

I had a revelation a couple of weeks ago and that is that I am completely fine that A. and I haven't got kids - or have any plans to do so in the near future.
I used to work myself into a frenzy, reading books about having PCOS and pregnancy and dreading going on diets where I imagine myself asking myself 'Is this pro-baby food?'
Stuff it, screw it.
Someday, hell yeah - bring on the gromits if I'm lucky. Until then, I'll enjoy my Saturday and Sunday morning sleep-ins, my late night reading and writing marathons and just chilling with A.


& THE EVERYDAY

After a frosty winter its nice to walk outside and feel the sun soaking through my skin.
Its six weeks to Christmas and I have one thing on my before-end-of-year agenda done and that is writing out the engagement invitations. At first I was daunted by the task, I started out skittish and hating my hand-writing but once I relaxed - I just got into the flow with Taylor Swift's Red Album and before I knew it I had a system.
Mock-ups and stuff ups on the left, invitations good to go on the right, envelopes far right.
Proof-read invites. Seal. Sticker. Repeat.
A. and I are very proudly endorse Kiki.K!
Infact, A. has become a regular customer there now - last week he stopped by to get more invitations and the retail assistant asked him "Back again?"
There is one piece of advice I would give to brides who are wondering whether to write their own invitations - either design and click Print or get a professional to do it - if I got to make a decision about the engagement invitations again - I would pay someone to do it professionally so that I would just have to worry about addressing and sending them. But if you have alot of time and are good at cross-checking, go for gold.

December 19th is going to be the threshold of big and exciting things! Well, its the first day of my holidays, Melbourne for Christmas and a week after New Year is A's and my engagement on the 7th - plus my plans for next year bring me a feeling of joy and for the first time in many years, I am actually excited and not fearful of the new year sweeping through the door.

More soon.

- Sarah x






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Getting Uncomfortable