Seasons, Accountability, Responsibility and Being A Grown-Up At Long Last

Life

What more can I say? Life keeps everyone busy.
Everyone is going through a different season and are trying to adjust to what comes under the sub-heading of that season.
Some people are going through a season of joy and laughter.
 Some people are going through grief, heart-ache and pain.
And others are just trying to find their place in a world that is exciting as it is unpredictable.
There are times when I wish I could see the future and what it holds for me and A.
I try to guess, estimate, presume and sometimes try to help God along a bit but when I do, I usually find my help is not appreciated or needed - and then I get worked up about it, I begin to analyse and dissect and then end up flustered because I don't know what to do, because I don't know The Plan.
When I try to snatch the keys away from God, I find I can start the car but can't make it drive.


Love

For the past six months I have been adjusting to the fact that my close family unit are spread out a lot more. I used to see my parents at least twice a week and now I see them about once a month.
So I suppose I can say that me and my family are going through a season of being together when we're apart. I know it is apart of the natural cycle of life. We cling to our parents, they cling to us, we cling to them and then BOOM! Suddenly you are scattered across Brisbane's South and up north and it's like a rubber band where you expand and snap back. I got to see *Victoria and *Cassandra over the weekend. *Cassandra was leaving to go back up north on Sunday afternoon so we went on a double-date with our men. I swapped places with *Cassandra's boyfriend so I could sit next to her.
 It had been two weeks since I had last saw her which was rare - now I won't see her until September holidays. It's funny how annoyed you get with your siblings when you live together and when you don't live with them anymore you miss the shenanigans and squabbles.
"Recordaris Bona" in Latin roughly translates to "Remember Only The Good Things" in English.
And I do remember the good things now because these days, there's no time to remember the rest.

& The Every Day

At the moment my season of life seems to evolve around accountability, responsibility and the running sub-text in my head which is sometimes the opposite of what I say.
I guess that means I'm a grown-up now.
Well, this grown-up better go to bed - it's past my bed-time!

- Sarah xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Inspiration and Hope