Deep Reflection

LIFE

Our lives won't be the same now that Pokémon Go! has invaded the phones of game lovers everywhere. For the past couple of days I have been looking at A. and he's on his phone catching fantasy creatures. Last night A. and I were walking along Queens Street looking for some dinner before catching the Jimoin show at QPAC and this group of young bucks walk by talking loudly.
One of them exclaim. "After all this time we still haven't caught Pikachu!"
 This morning A. and I were sitting at the Pig'N'Whistle in Queens Street Mall and while I am eating my p&j toast, I look up to find his phone angled at me.
 Which is why I know he wasn't taking a photo of me, but catching Pokémon.
Bloody Pokémon!

Life is going okay. There are just days when I wish I had studied Literature straight out of high school because back then I was an empty slate. Now that empty slate has other things written on it and I don't know if they are what I want. Maybe the things on that slate are going to help me get to where I eventually want to be. It's just hard sometimes. When I envisaged my life ten years ago, I thought "Man, this is gonna be a piece of cake! I'm amazing at what I love to do - how can I fail?"
I feel like Emma Morley from David Nicholl's "One Day" - I love that book because it's about the evolution of growing up, fucking up and getting back up.
And I'm going to get back up tomorrow. I'm going to keep hollowing out my hypothetical log of wood until I make a boat. Because I'm awesome like that!

LOVE

It's been a rather rough week at work and A. has been amazing. I've been rather spoilt this weekend - we saw Jimoin last night - funny Irish bloke with a tongue-twister name! And it seems A. picked the right time to stay overnight in town because last night Red Bull was handing out freebies at Southbank and this morning Nescafe was giving coffee-lovers their morning buzz.
I love Brisbane. I don't think I appreciated fully until I saw how beautiful it looks at night, how the city lights reflect in the dark water. But last night I actually really saw a view I had been looking at for most of my life and seeing it differently.

& THE EVERYDAY

What makes me sad these days is how people get so hung up on an idea that it makes them go against human nature and kill someone for not having the same beliefs as them.
It breaks my heart each time the news comes on. I believe tolerance and understanding will create a more peaceful world and I pray that is something that will happen in my life time.
We don't have to agree on everything. We just have to love the best in each other.
 
"I have decided to stick with love. For hate is to great a burden to bear." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings