There's a 50% chance of monotonous predictability with a 100% chance of sparkle

LIFE

Last night I did something I rarely do - bought a bottle of wine and filled half the glass, I was tempted to pour more but if I didn't end up drinking it that would have been a sacrilegious waste of grapes and sugar. It's with blunt honesty that I know I don't want to do the adult thing today. I don't want to honour the beginning of this week's new exercise leaf that I swore up and down that I'd do.
I feel like eating raw brocilli, strange as that is. No, I'm not knocked up. Just...blah.
I know I'm usually a lot more upbeat than this, more motivated, happy-go-lucky than this.
Maybe life has just been a bit too much of the same lately, I go to work but don't do anything to break up the week except gym. I need simplicity, creativity and another me who likes to study!
(Don't we all?)
Okay, moving on from the angst crap. Time to simplify, create and build.
But hey, first things first!

LOVE

With me working most days, A. has been home job-searching and keeping our domestic haven glued together with washed dishes, clean laundry and yummy dinners. For a couple of years there the roles were reversed and now I understand why A. would give me that irritated 'are you kidding me?' look when I asked him to do the dishes after I had made dinner. At least he made an effort. Most nights I come home from work or the gym, have a shower and sit on the couch for forty-five minutes before gratefully crashing into bed with a book for half an hour before sleeping. Then I wake up and do the same thing again the next day.

& THE EVERYDAY

There I was. Thinking about all the variety of things I could do to renew my perspective, from cleaning my room to gritting my teeth and work on the resubmission for my Work Within A Legal & Ethical Frame-Work module - small two hour projects are a simple way to change views and outcomes. Then *Victoria called and invited A. and I out to lunch and beforehand, she and I could do a mini-shopping spree! Hooray! Long-sleeved shirts and a new pair of jeans is on the agenda.
Can't do winter without them!

So stay awesome and thanks for reading - sometimes a little distraction with one of your favourite people in the world is all you need to eradicate predictability and bring out the sparkle!

- Sarah xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope