Poems By Me, Myself & I

Hi Everyone!
Here are some poems I wrote last year. I write about real emotions, real experiences -
 I'm kinda Taylor-Swifty like that! When I was younger everything felt more intense and I guess that's because I found it hard to express the way I really feel about stuff verbally, so writing stuff down has always been a way for me to stretch my creative muscles and get out the ugly stuff in my mind in a way that is beautiful.
But I encourage that you learn to say what you really think now without the pen, because it's harder to learn with the tongue.

- Sarah xo


Chasing Rainbows

Right after it rains, I spend my days chasing rainbows, up and down fields of gold.
The day I get somewhere will be the day I do what I'm told.
Even after all this time, I can't leave those rainbows alone.
If you're looking for me, I'm chasing outside chasing rainbows beneath grey skies.


Untitled

Everything in this place echoes like dynamite against sacred stone.
I told myself I would stop crying, I promised myself no more tears.
It was the worst lie that I told to all and one, and the wounds stitched up, split open.
Running blind through the dark, stumbled and fell hard.
Then the sun rose up, casting darkness into light, like a candle burning low in the middle of the night.

Whisper, Whisper

Whisper, whisper.
'Did you know about this?'
Whisper, whisper.
'Can you tell me about that?'
Whisper, whisper.
'Do you want to know what I heard?'
Whisper, whisper.
'Shhh! I shouldn't tell you this but...'
Whisper, whisper.
Do you want to know what I know about you?
You just don't know when to say no, you whisper, whisper everywhere you go.
And I don't care. I just don't care.
About who did what, when or where.
You don't have anything to say that I want to hear.


My God

Somewhere above the star-lit skies, You are watching over me.
Whenever I call for you, you come down and talk to me.
I tell you a lot of things, I share the thoughts burdening my mind.
My God is invisible but seen by all who seek His love.
I am fearful but You gives me strength to go beyond what I know, You guide my every step, from solid ground, through crumbling sand, You are there holding my hand.
When the days are long with no end in sight, and in my heart I don't feel right - You are there in my shadow, flooding my darkness with light.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings