Redefinition

LIFE

Ever feel like you have been in the same place, just different circumstances? This is life's way of giving us a pop-quiz except the questions are the same and we can never give the same answers - it is not about predictability but ingenuity and that comes from knowing who we are in that exact moment. I have had a revelation this week, that it is time for me to re-define myself, who I am and what I believe.

WHO AM I?

I am Sarah, a daughter of God.
I am STRONG, LOYAL, CREATIVE, STUBBORN, DRAMATIC, CONTEMPLATIVE, LOVING, KIND, PASSIONATELY ENRAGED - AKA: CRAZY (and damn proud of it too!)

WHAT I BELIEVE:

It is not a question of what I am but who - I can be a Christian but that doesn't mean squat if I don't embrace people as they come whether they are rich or poor, gay or straight, clever or clueless.


Be humble, but stand tall. You are not your past, you are not any label that people have put on you whether those labels are good or bad. You are a person who has made choices, you have grown and matured and you don't have to fall under a weight of guilt and remorse. Be who God made you to be and have faith that the rest will take care of itself in time.
 Always be kind - Because you never know when somebody may need that smile, that word of encouragement or praise. Kindness does not just leave an impression on your heart, it leaves a lasting legacy which flows from one heart to the next, from one moment into years, even millenia.
 Don't judge...
God is our Creator, He knows what we have done and said and when we pass on from this life, we will have to bear witness to our ultimate fate. In that instance, we don't have the right to condemn others and say they are unworthy of God's love. For all we know, there may be a few things about us that God has found lacking over the years...
Treat others the way you want to be treated, not how you were treated.
People can be mean but you don't have to be. Not everything is worth imitating.
Don't stop believing...
In the best of others, myself and God. Espeically God.

LOVE

I am really enjoying some quality time with my beautiful little sister at the moment, since I got back from Fiji we have been having some good heart-to-hearts on Friday nights.
When I got home from Fiji I became more appreciative of my family.
In Fiji, family is the key to survival, acceptance and interaction - to disgrace one's family is to be disowned which is why there are many homeless people there.
 When you encounter that, you realise that in another life you could have been an elderly, homeless indian man walking the streets of Suva with a hand outstretched in a silent plea for money with vacant eyes. Alive in body yet dead inside.

& THE EVERYDAY.

I did not get that job I applied for before jetting off to Fiji - and so it is back to the drawing board.
I can't tell you where I will be in six months, a year, or even ten - instead I can tell you where I want to be. Writing my next big seller in an office with pictures of A. and our kids on my white desk, surrounding me on the walls are photos of family, friends and things that inpsire me - along with the ocean view.
The question is - how will I get there? 
I guess that is a story God will tell in time.
Life is full of stories; it's chapters filled with wonder, joy, sadness, mystery and adventure.
There are chapters already written that we read often and some we prefer to skip over - there are words we cherish and others we wish we could forget.
Some stories have unfinished chapters which are being resumed and there are a few we have finished writing in for good
. But the most exciting part of living out your story is every day, a new chapter is being written.

"Follow your dreams, they know the way." - Kobi Yamada.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings