A Late Night Ponder

LIFE

As much as I love being back home with familiar sights and loved ones, I still think about my Fiji adventure - the people I met and the places I went. I have lost track of the times when I think about how amazing white bread and butter from the Hot Bread Kitchen would go perfectly with my Uncle Eris's chicken soup and sigh in longing. Anyone who has been to Fiji will understand my plight when it comes to the bread and butter. And the chicken pies from Hot Bread Kitchen, don't even get me started!
 Yes Fiji, I am coming back to you and your buttery delights!
On Saturday night as I was unlocking the front door after a night out, I began telling A. how the stars in Fiji seem closer than the stars here but I picked a bad time, the poor guy was in a desperate hurry to use the toilet!
In my mind I still see it all, the crazy chaos of Suva and the 90's style buses, the distinct smell of rotting fruits and vegetables at the markets and mile after mile of raw, natural beauty.
What I miss most about being in Fiji was the person I became when I was there, somebody who was passionate, bold and fearless - completely aware of her flaws and feeling okay about them, unlike here where I jump away from them like they are dark, eerie shadows.
I am trying to uncover that side of me again because I actually need that Sarah in Australia too.
 I need her because I am afraid of taking a new career direction in Office Administration.
 Learning something different has always scared me a little, I have never been able to dive right into something feet-first, I've always dipped my toes in and tested the waters.
Sometimes caution is good, like in a game of UNO you make sure you save all the best cards for the right time - and if you don't listen to your gut and use the Wild Card at the right time, you sometimes miss out on the opportunity to use it. Get what I mean?



LOVE






A. spoilt me silly last weekend, booking us a room at Four Points by Sheraton; for you foodies out there, the breakfast buffet is a real treat!
A. and I went in there with our overnight luggage, I wanted to take them back to our room but A. was starving and I know better than to bicker over social taboos with a man when he is ravenously starving. I did what any girl in my situation would do, trick my mind by saying to myself
'no one is looking at you, they are too busy stuffing their faces' needless to say it worked - and it is most likely true, who thinks about anything other than food at a buffet anyway?

& THE EVERYDAY

For my first week back in Brisbane I took it easy, I worked and became hopelessly addicted to Gossip Girl and will be starting to watch Season Three tomorrow.
Now that I have seen Blair and Chuck finally declare their undying love for each other before an epic Hollywood kiss which would make all the Disney Princesses jealous - it is time to get back into a more functional routine.
The job hunt is back on in earnest, my flagging gym attendance needs to be rigged back up the pole and my anxious, fictious friends are begging me to finish their stories.
It looks like I have my work cut out for me this week!

More soon.

Sarah x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green