Productivity, Country Living and Jon Snow

LIFE:

I think it is safe to say that Winter has fled Brisbane and Spring has taken over its rent.
The sky is a lovely light blue and the sun is hiding behind ivory clouds.
No harsh wind but a gentle breeze stirs.
I see odes to Spring everywhere, mostly in fashion.
Everywhere I look there is a cluster of bright colours; red, pink, orange, yellow and green.
On the whole, life is going really good. I have a new motto which is "Work hard, Play harder" and that is the way I like it. Learning to breathe a little deeper and just enjoy the here and now rather than think "Once I do this, I can have that", "When I have a job I can do more", it took me awhile to realise that having mentality is not productive, as well as utter hogwash!

LOVE:

A. and I are going strong, we are making the most of everyday and are in the process of arranging two holidays; Melbourne for Christmas with his relatives and Sydney next year in 2015.
I love Brisbane, but every now and then it is nice to get away from it. 
Mt. Tamborine is one of my favourite country get-aways, not just because the air is fresh but they have something for every one. Tres chic fashion stores and new age are stark contrasts which exist side by side on a street strip of restaurants and cosy cafes. There is nothing more wonderful than Southern hospitality! Boutique shops which sell country goodies from scented soap and candles, to the famous Dutch clock shop; and there is also home made gelato and a store which sells numerous flavours of fudge. Everything about Mt. Tamborine is luscious and appetising for the eyes, nose and mouth. Think rain forest meets country. And if you are lucky enough to go there on a rainy day, it is magical!

& The EVERYDAY:

Besides from day dreaming about country living, life in Brisbane is always busy.
Yesterday Dad helped me put a new battery in my car and he and A. hefted one lounge chair downstairs before bringing up a three-seater couch which I spotted when I was out for a jog one Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago.
Most days I am writing and going to the gym, the awesome thing is when you combine healthy eating with regular exercise you start to feel more energetic, motivated and awesome! After years of my weight going up and down (but mostly up) its great to have people say that they have noticed that my tummy looks smaller! I cannot wait to see what I look like in eight weeks!
I have also succumbed to a wild, passionate fling with Game of Thrones, my sisters and I each have a fierce celebrity crush on Jon Snow! We don't know what his real name is yet and haven't really tried to find out, we just know that we all be devastated if he got killed off!

So that is everything I can think of to say.
I hope you enjoyed todays blog about Life, Love & the Everyday!
 It sounds cheesy doesn't it? Like those 90's soaps like the Bold & The Beautiful and Days of Our Lives!

Stay awesome!
- Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope