Inspiration and Hope

It has been a looooong time since I have written anything here, most of the writing I am doing these days is for my books. I have released my third novel and have started writing submission emails to book stores asking if they would like to order a few copies. Sometimes I get radio silence, other times I get a polite decline and best wishes and every now and then, I get a yes and in those moments it feels like I am living the dream. One of my biggest challenges as an indie writer is not letting fear, doubt or anxiety get the better of me. There are times when I run a horror movie in my head which begins and ends with boxes of unsold books in my living room and then I remind myself that I do not like horror movies and I'm tuning into something more hopeful and uplifting. But most of all,I think about how I want the right people to find my books and fall in love with the plots and charaters, that the universe is taking care of when, where, how and why. Inspiration to write has been blocked for the past couple of months, slow, steady ebbs that I hope will becoming a cascading waterfall of sparkling magic! Yesterday I took out my latest manuscript draft and did a little bit of tidying in the first few pages and I am taking that as a postive sign that I am getting my stride back! But it has been nice to have a change of pace of a weekend, without the demanding call of Inspiration rousing me from my sleep early of a morning. For the first six months of this year, Inspiration would rap on the door of my beauty sleep, give me just enough time to wash my face, brush my teeth and make a steaming mug of coffee. Then Inspiration kept me on my laptop for as long as it wished (time and commitments allowing), although it consumed me with its ideas and intense pace, I loved every minute of it. Espeically at the end of editing and its a wonderful, sailing kind of feeling when you know in your heart that it's the last draft. I miss that at the moment, but I know that as soon as Inspiration drops back in - it's go time and I'll be ready! Lately I have been hanging out with family, enjoying cuddles with my baby nephew (I am absolutely besotted!) Tomorrow I will be going to welcome our family's new addition of the kanine variety! I love my nephews - the humans and the fur-babies! Last Sunday Alan and I went shopping for our first overseas trip since 2018! As the calendar begins to count-down to the next few months before Christmas, I feel so very happy and blessed, grateful for everything and the people who are with me on my journey right now. That's it for me tonight, ya'll! - Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green

The Dreamer

Storms & Silver Linings