Becoming My Champion

This weekend just gone, I was watching Anthony Robbins documentary - I Am Not Your Guru. I was absolutely bowled over by the man himself - his gorgeous teeth, his booming voice and larger than life presence. On my little nest on the couch I watched as he helped people get to the root of their unhappiness and pain, I saw people who had dark shadows on their faces when they approached him and when they left they were crying happy tears and the clouds on their faces had lifted and you could see something that transformed inside of them. It was a truly beautiful sight to witness and I was moved tremendously at the courage of these people who stood up in front of an entire room of 25 hundred people and tell their stories, where they had come from and why they were. I had two epiphanies during and after watching I Am Not Your Guru. Tony told the audience if you are going to blame someone for the bad things, you have to praise them for the good. It can be as something simple as "Thank you for the lesson, what you taught me was valuable." When Tony guided the audience through a meditation and then told them to stand up and make the sound that celebrated who they were. I didn't do that exercise then and there because I didn't want to startle my husband. But I wrote in my diary last night and surprised myself. I wrote down all the words that I truly am. I wrote down Sweet, Sassy, Funny, Warm-hearted and Loving. What I took away from that exercise was that for the past ten years of my adult life, I had tried to be worthy of the love of others but had not tried to be worthy of my own and this year I have a new focus of becoming my own champion. But over the past few months, I feel that warrior woman come back little by little and I know that when she emerges she will be incredible. I'm going to make me proud. I feel excited about the months ahead, there will be so much more love, growth and amazing stories. One thing on my list of things to do is to see Anthony Robbins live. If you have not already watched I Am Not Your Guru - plug in, it is a life-changer! - Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings