Moments of 2016

LIFE

2016 was about working hard-core Netflix bingeing and alternating between tears of laughter, frustration and joy.
The high-lights of last year for me was when A. asked me if I wanted to climb a boulder rock which over-looked the ocean and then sank down on one knee. I can still see it now. The forget-me-not blue sky, the ocean sparkling like an endless pool of sapphires. The love I saw in A's eyes for me when he asked me to marry him. It was the perfect moment...and I look down at the legacy of that moment on my left hand and fourth finger everyday.
 The other out-of-this-world moment of 2016 was when I laid eyes on my second cousin, *X-BOX for the first time and held him in my arms - fifteen days old. Holding a new-born is incredible, I felt redeeming peace, joy and wonder when I looked at him - and I couldn't stop. I even cried a little.

 Sometimes moments can last longer than just one minute.
The happy moments are so quick and fleeting. The sad moments linger a little longer and the most profound moments last forever.
2016 was made up of such moments.
I learnt to celebrate success and overcome failure with dignity and grace. I kept some old friends, became closer with friends I've had all along and made a few new ones.
In 2016 I laughed, I cried, I rejoiced.
Moments are fleeting - but one moment is all you need to have an epiphany that is life-changing.


LOVE

After a wonderful holiday in Melbourne and celebrating our engagement, A. and I are happy to be staying put after being gypsies every other weekend toting suitcases to hotel rooms.
This Friday night we are celebrating five years of us. A. has planned a lovely dinner on an old fashioned paddle-steamer. It's an experiment to see whether I can hold down my food while on a boat for more than ten minutes. I'm really hoping this experiment is a success! I'll cry if a good steak goes to waste!

& THE EVERY DAY

Katy Perry's "Waking Up In Vegas" comes to mind a lot this week, especially the line /Get up and shake the glitter off your clothes now.../
The festive season is well and truly over. Life has gone back to normal.
It's back to work, back to mountains of washing that pile up faster in the summer season and back to blogging. But not back to the habits of last year. Oh no, no, no...
For the past two years I haven't bothered with New Years Resolutions but this year it's made a come-back.
My goals for this year are as follows:

1. Get to a size 10 by the 30th of December
2. Study hard and get one module done each month for my Childcare Diploma
3. Eating and Exercising 50/50 - eat more greens and less sugar.
(I'm going to juice it up every morning and have eggs and vegetables/fruit)
4. Watch less tv - only one hour of television a day week days, four hours on the weekend to increase productivity and creativity.
5. I will write one blog per week.
6. My creative writing bench mark is five hours. More if the story is flowing.
7. Save more then spend and enjoy the bitter-sweet agony of delayed gratification...

2017 - I'm ready for you!

- Sarah x












 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope