LIFE

On Tuesday night I felt the turning point. After thirteen years I walked into a dance studio for a ballet and jazz class. Walking into that room with a small group of women that were at varying stages of performing wasn't intimidating as it was back when I was a kid.
I did feel a bit self-conscious about being barefoot and in dire need of pedicure but once my body got into the rhythm of pirouettes and leaping (as gracefully as possible) across the wooden floor, I didn't even think about it. And as I was getting my 'tude on in jazz class, I realised how much I missed it all.
Next Tuesday night I'll be enrolling for the term - I'm so excited about buying my ballet and jazz shoes!

LOVE

A. and I celebrated our five year anniversary last Tuesday night at our local watering hole - I paid for our dinner and he paid for our drinks. It was pretty low key because the week before he had surprised me with a dinner on the Kookaburra Queen - it was very romantic, promenading on the deck of an old fashioned paddle-steamer under the stars.
I love how A. always comes up with awesome ideas to celebrate special occasions - my life is one big adventure with him. Before I met A. I stuck to what I knew - but over the past five years he has brought me out of myself. I was rather shy and sheltered and afraid to try new things (except when it came to fashion - some of the get-up I wore was so out there you could see it from Mars!)
I like who I am with A.because that is my true self - and every day I feel blessed that I'm marrying my best friend - that's what I've always wanted.

& THE EVERYDAY

It is days like this when I look around our messy unit and wish that we were minimalists!
Hell, I want to be a minimalist in everything except books and shoes!
I also have a strong yen to visit Mount Tamborine - for me it's a magical place that holds memories of family day trips - it's got wonderful hospitality and the food is devine.
Sometime this year I want to plan a weekend escape and go there for a weekend to smash out a book.

I'd better hit the hay now. It's 10:24pm and I have an early start.

Sweet dreams!

- Sarah x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings