Chit-Chat, Friends and 'The Belt'



When work offered me more hours temporarily, I had no intention of flying off the radar.
Now my blog is an even tinier speck hovering in cyber space. But not for long!
Before we catch up, I just want to say something.
Cherish your family, even when you fight. Because although a long life is the general expectation of being alive, things happen and we don't always say what we want to say; like "I'm sorry." and "I love you." There are no guarantees that we will see our loved ones when we come home at the end of the day. Over the weekend the gates of Heaven welcomed another angel, but her absence has a left a gaping hole in the lives of her family and friends and a huge impact on acquaintances and strangers on Facebook, reminding them that life is short and precious. Say what you need to say, forgive, show people you love them in a way that they will feel it.
Rest In Peace, Rita. <3


LIFE

On Saturday morning just gone I jumped off the bus at the Hyperdome.
"Have a good day!" I tell the bus driver as I hop off.
"You too gorgeous! I love the boots!" He calls out.
"Why, thankyou!" I reply and kick up one of my boots.

 I'm having a good day, one of those fountain-of-youth moments and everything is hunky-dory.
Then I heard a familiar voice call my name. "Sarah!" It was my high school friend, Tasha. Tasha and I lived down the road from each other and for nearly three years we walked home together with our heavy back-backs, sharing our disc-mans and walk-mans, swapping stories and laughing without a care in the world, we listened to the same music and were a couple of really goregous chicks who couldn't make up our minds about whether we were punk or goth, as was the case with many people in our school...
 Sometimes you don't know how much you have missed someone until they are right there in front of you. It's funny that I ran into Tash that day, because just the week before I had ended up at my parent's house for an impromptu dinner. I indulged in a bit of reminisce, from childhood where I was a blonde little dork with buck-teeth and then the teenager with the ever-changing moods and closet changes.

Now that I'm a little older, I can laugh and actually like myself (while wincing at my bad fashion choices!) On that Saturday morning while walking with Tasha across the breadth of the Hyerdome bus stop I felt seventeen again. I was wearing my new skirt, I happened to come across it at the local Salvation Army that I probably should have left on the rack. Let's just say I tried to squeeze my teenage rebellion into my respectable twenty-six-nearly-twenty-seven year old self.
On Saturday I was wearing my favourite pair of caramel boots (replacing the crop-top with a long black shirt in order to keep a little bit of the dignity which comes with age). On the whole, the skirt looked great. It covered what it needed to cover while standing, but sitting down was more impossible than Tom's Cruise's Mission Impossible!
 *Victoria told me as we drove home from a baby shower.
"The skirt is cute...it's just there were a couple of times that you came this close' she said holding her thumb and index slightly apart, 'to showing your undies.'
It was then I learnt the sad truth that I had inwardly been denying, my skirt was practically a belt whenever I sat down.
(Sad Sigh)
"I am so sorry for my social awkwardness and the cup-cake incident." I say earnestly (come to think of it, don't ask about that either...) My sisters laugh and *Victoria says as I try to wiggle/shimmy out of the car in desperate hope of preventing a Britney with undies.
 "You're not socially awkward, you're cute!" She exclaims.
If that's what you call socially awkward these days, I like it!

I think other than 'the pirate pants' incident last month, it was my second fashion fail for the year.
 (Whatever you do - don't ask about 'the pirate pants incident'!)
Whoever knows about 'pirate pants incident' is honour-bound not to tell any Outsiders about afore mentioned 'pirate pants incident'. The 'Pirate pants incident' is on probation for one year!
From now until then, we do not speak of it!
 In the words of Gandalf the Grey, "Keep it secret, keep it safe!"
Anyhow, the skirt is in a bag for Good-Will, destined for a less self-conscious me.


LOVE

What more can I say? I drive him crazy and he keeps me grounded.
This upcoming Friday A. and I are toting our over-night bags onto a Tiger airplane before touching down in Sydney to watch the footy game. During his convalescence a month ago, A. booked himself on a flight to Sydney to watch Melbourne and Sydney duke it out. Restlessness will do that to a man!
He meets up with me for dinner at our usual sushi haunt and says "Guess what! I'm going to Sydney! You coming?"
Hell yeah!
But before we go to Sydney, there is one thing we have to do - we have been waiting to see Fleetwood Mac since April! A. brought us two tickets to see them this coming Thursday night.
I am so excited! I don't know how I will sleep on Wednesday night!

& THE EVERYDAY

Most days are pretty good, some days are shockers; the kind where you could hit the rewind button and go back to where you began the day.
But on the whole, life is going good. I'm going to art classes as a way of dealing with stress.
 I have made a mosaic coffee coaster and a tile coaster which I have painted.
There is one piece of art work that I am particularly fond of, it's one of those things that you look at and laugh because it's stupid. Next week when I come home from Sydney I'll upload the photos of my latest creations so you can exclaim how I have become one of those villains who corrupted your Disney childhood! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

And this is where I leave you for another week. The next instalment is going to be about Fleetwood Mac and A.'s and Sarah's Adventures in Sydney!
Until then, stay awesome!

- Sarah x





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dreamer

New Beginnings

Soul Explorer Part 2 - A Little Time on the Green