Casting Cares

LIFE

It is a sunny morning here in Brisbane and I am enjoying the view from my window, the day promises perfection and I would settle for nothing less on a shopping day.
In a short while I am hitting the town with my friend Rissa, aside from being ridiculously gorgeous and possibly the sweetest person I know, she's my lucky charm when it comes to shopping days.
Have you always got that particular friend with you on shopping days when you snap up good buys and somehow shopping without them seems sacrilegious? 
Today I am able to buy something stunning and I cannot decide on whether it will be shoes or a pair of blue jeans, whatever it is - I'll know it when I see it.

LOVE 

A. has just been granted two weeks paid leave because his shoulder is giving him grief, on a scale of one to ten his would be a seven or an eight. Fortunately it will heal in time, depending on R&R, the shoulder therapist and the medication. It is coming up to a year since what we refer to as 'the accident', it's a miracle that A. lived. A miracle I am thankful for everyday when I look at him, that he teases me with the stupidest nicknames under the sun; 'butter-bum' being a favourite and before you ask, I have no bloody idea why he calls me that!
 Nonetheless, 'the accident' is still felt everyday; it was a close call that has dogged us throughout the year. Next year in January we'll face the guy who did it. I'm only there to be a supportive, silent party but if I could say anything at all, it would be one question I would ask the driver.
 'Why the hell didn't you just stop at the zebra-crossing anyway? It's what you're supposed to do.'
Because if he had stopped, A. wouldn't still be dealing with the aftermath of his neglect.
I know people mess up, but with more thought and consideration some mistakes can be easily avoided and this was one of them.
A mistake like this can wear a person down and break their spirit - but not A.
Most days are good, some are shockers and I am proud of him for not wallowing in pity.
But there is one thing I will be grateful to the driver for, it is making A. and I both aware of how fragile life really is, even if the person is strong. It has given us a thirst for places we have never been and has made us be more present in the now and to think more of the future - because we almost didn't have one. Thanks be to God for His love and care.

& THE EVERYDAY

Creative inspiration and motivation has been a little thin, I have hardly written much the past three weeks as I have been working on a full-time basis. Despite being a little more stretched for time and tired, I'm enjoying being able to spend more time with the kids and having more laughs with the girls at work. There are moments when I want to run in the other direction, or camouflage myself so I blend into the wall - but when a little girl with blue eyes and a sweet face says out of the blue 'I love you.' That's what makes this job a passion, natural as breathing with all its moments of hair-raising chaos and calm. There have been a couple of times in the past couple of weeks that I thought to myself 'You probably aren't cut out for this career, you're too soft.' 'You're a liability.'
Last Sunday night I found myself dreading the following day. 'You'll be fine.' A. assured me after I told him what I was feeling.
Then I got thinking about 'What if my anxiety is back? What if my depression isn't too far behind?'
I went to bed, tiredly thumping my pillow and shuffling from side to side.
It was twelve-thirty when I finally grabbed my Kindle and tip-toed out of the bedroom and settled myself on the couch. I looked up 'Bible Scriptures for anxiety' into Google and this is what jumped out at me.

Matthew 11:28-30
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. 
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Psalm 55:22
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you, he will never let the righteous fall.

Pslam 34:4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

Matthew 6:34 
"Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. 
Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

Ecclesiastes 5:18-20
Then I realised that it is good and proper for a man to eat and drink, and to find satisfaction in his toilsome labor under the sun and during the days of his life God has given him - for this is his lot. Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy with his work - this is the gift of God. He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart." 

Whilst pondering the wisdom of Ecclesiastes 5:18-20, I finally slept.
Five days later, here I am getting ready for a shopping day. I have definitely earned this!
Adieu for now!

- Sarah xx








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There Is Something About Chloe...

Becoming Myself

Home is where the Heart is