Words of Wisdom From A Foolish Woman

LIFE:
Twenty-Five years is a pretty long time to be alive.
It means that you have been alive long enough to mind your manners, learn responsibility, to fall in and out of love a couple of times before finding The One.
 It is also enough time to have a few pieces of wisdom from the mistakes of youth and pass them on.
 I suppose now is a good time as any.

1. Love
With any kind of relationship. If you give a lot of yourself don't expect less in return.

2. Yo-Yo's and Candy
Yo-Yo's are people who swing to and fro, unable to make up their mind about what they want and may unintentionally take you for granted. They taste sweet but leave a sour aftertaste in your mouth and leave you feeling like you have been on a rollercoaster.
If possible, distance is a good idea.

3. Don't Mistake Lust for Love
A common mistake. The intense feelings and needing that physical connection are the same; but where the similarities end is this pure fact: Love is selfless and Lust is selfish.
The aftermath of the latter can be disastrous and leave you feeling rejected and frustrated.
It's easy to want someone for their looks, charm and all the great things about them that outweigh the things you secretly wish they weren't. But at the end of the day, it's those things that make them attractive to you because it's the opposite of everything you know you want but won't admit when you are with them! Another difference between love and lust is.
Love will always make you feel like you matter, even in those moments when you are annoyed at each other.
Lust will have this bitter-sweet component that makes you feel high one minute and then hugely insignificant the next.
So to save yourself a lot of heart-ache and hours of self-regret and meditation, as somebody who has been there I recommend Love.

4. Don't Do Anything You Can't Afford
Everything has a cost. It's like walking into JB HI FI with a certain DVD in mind and coming out with more than you intended. My Grandad Box's favourite quote when it came to money was:
"Don't spend money you don't have." I have only started learning the value of this lesson at twenty-five.

5. Don't Move Out Of Home
Unless you have a part-time job to pay rent or a full-time job to buy a first house.
 Stay home and save your money!
I know sometimes it's not that simple - that people need to move out of home due to conflict or study.
But don't just do it on the fly - know your budget and have a plan.

6. Know What You Want
Remember dress-ups as a kid? That's what my teen years were like.
Even back then, my dress sense was quirky and sometimes questionable.
 It mentally hurts to think about it now!
Let's just say, one day I was a punk, the next day I was a wanna-be goth, the next was a princess.
 The most constant thing I had going for me was that I was a brat! (According to my Mum).
 Admittedly, that is true. I had my sweet moments but when I wanted something, I was stubborn!
 Aside from my horrendous fashion sense, that is something else I regret.
 Now that I am old enough to know better, I am thinking that converting to Amish would be a great idea! Keep the kids away from internet and toxic people!
Yeah...no. I'd miss tv and shopping! :)
When it came to choosing my career, I was just as confused as I was about my fashion choices!
I know that all roads lead somewhere, but I am twenty-five and still on the back-roads.
The moral of this story is: Think about what you want and everything you like, past and present.
 I have always known I wanted to be a writer, but unless I am J.K Rowling I need to pay my bills.
 I should have realised that working with children was something that I wanted to do because
 I had always been good with them. If I had known that sooner, I'd probably be a little further ahead than I am right now. But I've learnt some valuable lessons in the past nine years, so this little detour wasn't for nothing.

7. Be Courageous
We are all afraid of something. But don't let things hold you back in fear that you will not be accepted or loved for who you are. Embrace life and don't worry about what the future looks like, have faith that everything will turn out the way it needs to if you play your part.

8. You Are The Author of Your Own Life
This is your memoir, your biography. Don't let anyone fill in your pages unless it's God.
What I have learnt is: God has the Plan and I am the Pen.
Write your story. Remember when the pages fill up with things you didn't intend to happen, don't forget you hold the pen!
Make it a story that you will be proud of.

9. Look After Your Mind & Body
Don't clog up your body with quick-fixes and junk food!
What the body needs is different from what you want.
Don't weigh yourself down and make yourself sick with worrying about things that may bring about anxiety.
Get worries off your mind and choose one person to be your anchor, the person you call if you are having a bad day or just want to talk. Good relationships are the secret ingredient for every area of your life to be happy and successful.

10. M.Y.O.B - Mind Your Own Buisness
A wise teacher taught me this in grade eight.
It saves a lot of time, tears and frustration.
It's great to care about others, but don't get so caught up in the drama that it leads to heated words and you feel guilty if you cannot help them.


LOVE:

A. is still in Vietnam, he is having fun with his parents sampling the craziest sounding cuisine.
Yesterday he tried cooked duck tongue....
Things that make you Mmmmm!
As much as I like monopolising the television at night and not sharing my chocolate, I really miss A and am glad he is coming home next Thursday!

& The Everyday...

Sadly there has been no work for the past two weeks and I can't wait to go back and see the incredible women I work with and the amazing little souls I get to take care of!
Until I do; I am catching up on cleaning, laundry, going to the gym as well as revising a book which I have sent off to two publishers this morning!
Wish me luck and have an awesome week!
Thanks for stopping by!

Sarah xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope