Back To Basics

LIFE:

For the past few years, my New Years Resolutions have always been the same:
1. Study my Childcare Diploma
2. Graduate from Childcare Diploma
3. Get my driver's license
4. Lose weight.

Those were going to be on the agenda for 2015 too - until I realised I was constantly worried about it all and becoming discouraged. Last year I worried about the money to achieve my driving and losing weight goals. I seemed to be having more luck with the weight loss back then so I decided that something had to give - so I chose the gym and am slowly losing weight and learning to make healthy food choices. (Sometimes the hard way!)

Last year I worried about those goals and going all what I like to call 'Baby Crazy'.
So this year I'm practicing hands off. No worrying about the future and focusing on the here and now.
No worrying about studying until I get a steady job to pay tuition, no worrying about driving lessons either. My intentions for this year is to concentrate on God, me, A., family and relationships, cultivate and harness new artistic terrain, write my little heart out and get more hours at work.

I am finding that I really like the peace that this new mind-set has brought.
While it's great to have goals, it's good to have the means to do them; or begin to prepare for them years in advance. 
Here is an extraordinary example of prolonged preparation!
A very proud Dad made a beautiful video of his daughter with an amazing result.
http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/360/It-Took-Him-14-Years-To-Make-This-And-It-s-One-Of-The-Most-Beautiful-Things-You-ll-Ever-See

It took King Soloman thirteen years to build his palace and twenty altogether to build the Lord's temple. 1 Kings 9:10
Trevi Fountain Rome
Trevi Fountain in Rome. Construction began in 1732 and ended in 1762.
Thirty years of physical labour. More if you count the previous history, beginning when Pope Urban VIII asked Gian Lorenzo Bernini to draw up possible plans to build on the original, which is dated back since before 1629. That's a lot of years of planning, preparation and construction!

That being said, it's not going to take me that long to do all the things I need to do - but I feel this year I need to take a big step back and get back to basics.
I know that to most, this does not seem ambitious of me. It's great to have a goal and even sweeter to have that triumphant victory when you accomplish it!
But this year I just feel this need to get back to basics, just gawk, marvel, enjoy and experience and save the worrying for things that count!

LOVE:
After two and a half weeks away, A. is coming home this Thursday! Only one more day until we finish that intoxicating kiss we started at the airport! Wooooeeeee! I told A. to enjoy the peace and solitude while he could, warning him that when he came home I would be sticking to him like cling-wrap in a hot oven!

...& THE EVERYDAY

Over the past couple of weeks I have familiarised myself with Big Bang Theory and have developed a celebrity crush on Lenard! I have also been writing a new romance novel and today I did some cleaning. A. called me today from Melbourne and I heard his voice for the first time in two and a half weeks! I am so excited to have him home!

With that being said.
I hope you are all excited about the blessings that this year is going to bring and be strong enough for the challenges as they arise.

Sarah x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings