Dreams & Reality

"Life holds few distinctions, my dear. But I think we may safely boast that here sit two of the silliest girls in England." - Mr. Bennett, Pride & Prejudice.

Mr. Bennett was wrong, life holds distinctions every other day - and silly girls don't just exist in England. Out of all the Bennett girls in Pride & Prejudice, I can relate to Lydia the best.
She was a hard-core dreamer and romantic, just like I was at fifteen.
That didn't change - until today when something just clicked in my brain; it sounded like one of those game show buzzers and I felt the ringing vibration in my ears like I do whenever I have a great idea or revelation. In this particular case it was a revelation as clear as a Swarvoski crystal.
Dreaming is awesome but it can be disheartening when you are in your head so much that you cannot reconcile dreams with reality.
And maybe that is why I feel like I am on the rat-wheel, why I felt torn between my passion and my dream. Why I felt so undecided and frustrated about the fact that I am twenty-five and still don't have what I ultimately want. Which is a successful career, a little house with a backyard, a happy life-long marriage and kids.

My passion is the kids I look after at day care, I love every single one of them - every personality and quirk, each sweet little face looking up at me. 
My dream is to be an author and write books that wind up on the silver screen!
Last night I had a dream which put things back into perspective and in short, brought me back from la-la land. So from this moment on, my dream is going to be my passion and my passion will be my dream, and the dreams I have for the kids.
I dream that they grow up to be kind, loving and the best they want to be.
If by some miracle my manuscripts do get global recognition then that's just the sprinkles on the fairy bread!
Sometimes life is better than dreaming!


- Sarah x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope