Getting Older VS. Growing Up

LIFE...

As I was having an inner-hissy fit this afternoon and was considering putting it up on FACEBOOK - something like: "Hello Hormones! I have not seen you in ages! Why did I want to grow up so bad?!" - I realised that there is a big difference between Getting Older and Growing Up.
Getting Older is pretty obvious - growth spurt, hair growth in alarming places - I look like a pin-up for the dark side of puberty right now and I am twenty five for goodness sake!
Then there is Growing Up - which is more of an internal change; whether its having more patience, handling tricky situations with more thought and discernment, knowing that what you do or don't do today affects you, the people you love, your tomorrow, foreseeable future and the future.
I like to think I have grown up - although I guess other people would know better!
And no - in case you are wondering I did not post that little rant on FACEBOOK, I am trying to keep my sharing to a minimum. Yes, Growing Up is a lot harder than Getting Older! ;)
That being said - here is what I have learnt about Growing Up.

1. Be kind to others (but be kinder to yourself)
2. Don't settle for second best.
3. Don't keep your emotions bottled up.
4. Keep your loved ones close.
5. Life is too short for negativity - so keep away from it as much as possible.
6. Live your dreams, don't just think about them!

LOVE...

Love is one of life's greatest treasures and I feel blessed that every day I wake up knowing that somebody loves me as much as I love him!
Although its not always kisses, cuddles and giggles (which it is most of the time) we're pretty happy.
A. and I have started planning a future together, globe-trotting through Malaysia and Europe and buying a house. I am also going to meet his Grandma, Aunts, Uncles and cousins at Christmas in Melbourne! I am so excited to meet the rest of his family, naturally I'm having those pre-meet family jitters like "Will they like me?!" 
Then there is a little bit of sadness that I won't be spending the holiday with my family in Brisbane. My sister *Victoria said I can't just live in a box of predictability, I have to get out there and embrace new people and experiences.
So that's a another chapter to add to this ever growing love-story!

& THE EVERYDAY.

I am proud to say that I am down to 94.8 kilos!
Courtesy of being a regular face at my gym and an awesome personal trainer!
Healthy eating is going good this week, last week I had a voracious appetite for sweets!
How I weigh 94.8 is completely beyond my comprehension!
I have been blessed with a lot of work recently, so I am getting back on track financially and with my next pay I am going to start buying Christmas presents! Can you believe it is sixteen Fridays until Christmas?! I really hope I get more work in January and February than I did the year before last!
I haven't been writing very much lately - we are in the second phase of Spring Cleaning and clutter messes with my creative mojo! And study? *sigh* I have two days to hand in the resubmission for my assignment. Serves me right for slacking off - but its not too late to mend my study habits!

Meanwhile, the new church is becoming like a river - before we were just a small pond and now we have expanded our banks for a new congregation! Everything is starting to come together and the café is up and running - only serving coffee, tea and hot chocolate for now but once the café has been installed it is going to look incredible! And the Pastors are starting to talk about re-opening Friday nights and there are so many things for people to do! Seriously excited! I love church life!

I had better sign off, thanks for dropping by and stay awesome!

xx Sarah
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope