Fruits of the Season

Just when I thought I was about to go completely off the deep end due to writers withdrawal symptoms, Dad brought me my laptop!
Hello again blogger community!
Incase you are curious, I have had not been called in for work experience again but I am happy with the little I have learnt so far.
Tomorrow I have a job interview at a café in town, the name of the café sounds cool so I am hoping that it is one of those laid-back places where the uniform is smart casual.
But to be on the safe side, I am wearing all black.
I am still volunteering every Friday afternoon and evening at my church café, I help shop for the groceries and have memorised all of the shopping list.
I have learned how to make a caramel latte, cappacinos and hot chocolate - my frothing milk technique needs some improvement but I am making good progress.

Last Friday was a bit more rougher than usual, while I can successfully operate the eftpos machine the out-of-whack cash register was doing my head in.
Multiplication and Subtraction is not my forte, my brain cannot process the sum fast enough and ends up losing the answer before it even gets there. Although there was a system in place with the calculator, things were going south faster than you could say dammit.
Tears were almost eminent two times, but I didn't want this situation to get the worst of me, especially when I had been doing so well. I made myself keep working, I channelled the words that my supervisor and friend used and so many people before her which is simply "Focus, Sarah" that word in truth does annoy me, but it produces some good, productive results.  
So what I learned from this experience is that persistence is excellence, don't get me wrong - whenever this sort of thing happens it feels awful and embarrassing, but I know that my little diagnostic quirk is just something small on the scale of things that matter more.

I got a job that I have not yet started, due to some technical paperwork - its working for a childcare recruitment agency providing relief staff. It offers flexibility, variety and good working conditions, the height of my success is reliant on how many assignments I take.
I am excited to begin this job and I have a job interview tomorrow for café which is eight hours a week - so I will see how that goes.
I still want my book café dream, but I still have a big heart and calling for children and youth.
 I'm just trusting that God will show me where he wants me to go.

Lately I have been drawn to scriptures about seasons, times of planting and harvest.
Two weeks ago I was asking God for the two things I usually nag him about. 
Marriage and family, those two things are the dearest desires of my heart.
God interrupted me while I was pouring my heart out to him asking why I didn't have those things and he said to me. "Sarah, why are you asking for fruits out of season?"
Uh, what?
"I will show you the fruits that are available this season, but you need to ask about them."
So I said to God. "God, please show me the fruits that are available in this season." 
Then God put this piece of scripture in my heart.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8

For everything there is a season, and a time for everything under heaven.
A time to be born, and a time to die, a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.
A time to kill and a time to heal, a time to break down and a time to build up.
A time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.
A time to cast away stones and a time to gather stones together.
A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing, a time to seek and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to cast away.
A time to tear and a time to sew, a time to keep silent and a time to speak.
A time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.


So the fruits of this season have yielded a good harvest, a definite job opportunity and a couple of prospective leads which could eventually allow A. and I to move into something bigger in the next few months and an unexpected financial bonus, a small percentage of it will be utilised for a much needed weekend away and a few driving lessons before I sit for the driving test.
What more can I say? The fruits of this season are going to be awesome! 

Stay awesome and see you next time.

- Sarah





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

New Beginnings