Unapologetically Me










 Since my 29th birthday in April this year I have been experimenting with make-up, from soft pastels to bold eye-shadow and lipstick combinations. I have always had a flair for dramatic and somewhat eccentric fashion sense. When I was a teenager I really struggled to make some of my more outlandish ideas to fit in with the fashions of that era. 
I went through a preppy stage, a punk stage, a goth stage and a bohemian stage.
 There were times that I totally nailed it and other times I flunked.  
As I grew older I taught myself to hit that perfect medium between "Wow!" And WTF?!
After alot of WTF's I have been able to somehow make wild look tame.
The trick is for people to look in wonder, not horror. Yet at the same time, if you're gonna try something a little wild then you have to be it, you've gotta have the confidence to pull it off. You need to be able to look people in the eye and smile whether or not they like what you're wearing. Every one has a different idea of what beauty is and for some people, it may not be what you choose to present to them. 
And that's okay. Because you dress for yourself, not for them. 
God made us different.
 If God wanted us to be all the same, he would have said.
 "Let there be clones!" 
Nope, the Guy Upstairs said.
 "Let there be light." 
So sweethearts, embrace what makes you different and use it to create more light in the world. 
We need your vision, we need your beauty, we need you to be unapologetically you. 

- Sarah x



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cafe Metz, Canungra

The Dreamer

Inspiration and Hope